Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Does Executive Room = Executive Lounge Access (Monterrey Crowne Plaza)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC

This is a more challenging question to answer than you'd think. I've called the hotel (language barrier) and emailed them as well (pending). I was transferred to central reservations who gave me a qualified, very qualified, yes. We need to stay a week in Monterrey during some L1B processing for my partner. I am a Marriott guy but the Marriott's are either not inspiring, or really expensive (Design). I like that the CP has fast wi-fi scores, a hot tub jacuzzi and tennis courts to help us work and kill our boredom. The rate is reasonable enough and an Executive room is about $8 more and clearly on a separate floor. I just can't tell if it includes food. I can get the newish Radisson for $44 on Priceline and a Courtyard for (literally) 27.5K Bonvoy points for 5 nights and $68/nt for the other two. So while the CP is almost $350 more after taxes if it included a lounge with some meals then I could easily justify it with the added benefits of being able to play tennis daily, use a hot tub, etc. Any thoughts?

Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Does the hotel actually have a lounge?

Looking at amenities, it isn't mentioned and there is nothing in either the executive room or suite description that mentions a lounge
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Does the hotel actually have a lounge?

Looking at amenities, it isn't mentioned and there is nothing in either the executive room or suite description that mentions a lounge
The pictures on this page (Features > Amenities): https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hote...otel-overview# do show club lounge food presentations.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:45 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I don't know that hotel, but at the Crowne Plazas that I use, the rooms with lounge access are normally described as a Club room.

Executive generally refers to room amenities, not the lounge.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:31 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Also, no idea what culinary delights you have in mind, but a CP Club Lounge anywhere in the world has yet to wow me so much that I would forgo a nice dinner / meal in a good restaurant. There are some good ones in Asia, but again, they don't serve 350$ worth of delicious morsels and premium spirits.

If I could get a good hotel that I like for much less cash and have 350$ available for dining, I know that would appeal more to me than a likely mediocre US CP Club Lounge (if even included / available). YMMV.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:12 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by bergamini
The pictures on this page (Features > Amenities): https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hote...otel-overview# do show club lounge food presentations.
It appears that there is no category for or called "Club" room, so probably is lounge access they show as "private access,) though to be sure, why not call them.

And, it's not US$350 per night but closer to US$125.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
I didn't know there was a Crown Plaza in Monterey. The Clement get's a little pricey and no Executive Lounge.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:25 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Chang11
I didn't know there was a Crown Plaza in Monterey. The Clement get's a little pricey and no Executive Lounge.
Monterrey, Mexico, I believe, not Monterey, California.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by rbAA
It appears that there is no category for or called "Club" room, so probably is lounge access they show as "private access,) though to be sure, why not call them.
I'd interpret "private access" to mean you need to use your guest room key in the elevator to access the entire floor. But, I concur with your suggestion. A simple phone call will provide the answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.