Wiki Posts
Search

Miami beach -- Z ocean vs Kimpton Surfcomber vs Angler

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA G, SQ G,UA S, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Miami beach -- Z ocean vs Kimpton Surfcomber vs Angler

Going to the Keys and plan to stay at Miami Beach for one night (to burn the last unlimited free night certificate and happens to be my birthday).
I read the master thread on CP Z Ocean and Kimpton Surfcomber. Not much here on Angler.
Any recent experience on these three hotels?
PLT status.
Many Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:43 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

The Angler is a quirky little place; first and foremost, it is *not* beachside, it's about a five min walk. It's also on a very busy street, so there's a bit of traffic noise. That being said, it is also very convenient to the South Pointe section of South Beach. I haven't stayed there since the recent renovations, so can't comment on the current state.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I was debating between all of those on my last Miami stay. Ended up choosing none of them and stayed at the IC. It wasn't beachfront, but I very much enjoyed the location and property itself.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Hyatt Globalist
I really like the Surfcomber, because I like the pool area and the beachfront, plus the walking trail along the beach. Plus at 17th & Collins, it is really central to restaurants and nightlife. I have walked by the Z, but haven't stayed there or the Angler, simply because I like the Surfcomber so much, so I cannot tell you much about those.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA G, SQ G,UA S, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

The Angler is a quirky little place; first and foremost, it is *not* beachside, it's about a five min walk. It's also on a very busy street, so there's a bit of traffic noise. That being said, it is also very convenient to the South Pointe section of South Beach. I haven't stayed there since the recent renovations, so can't comment on the current state.
Thanks FlyinHawaiian,

What's the view from the terrace of Angler's room? My understanding is that Z Ocean does not have ocean view (or good ocean view) from their balconies either.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Z ocean has a condo unit between it and the beach. Some of the corner rooms might have a bit of a sea view if you stretch. There are several rooms that have an outside terrace that you access via an outside winding staircase. They possibly have a partial seaview. Many rooms have a hottub on the balcony. Some rooms are poolside meaning you can access the pool directly from your room.

I've stayed there 3 times, but not for a few years now. Never had the room with the terrace above it. But of the rooms I had,my favourite was the one that overlooked the pool, but was a floor up. There was no street noise as it was facing the pool, and you didn't have people walking in front of your room, as you do with the poolside rooms.

Last time in Miami, I stayed a few days at the IC on a good value paid rate that include club. Club is very good there, and the hotel itself was great
Also stayed in the Bentley (hilton), which we enjoyed, although as it is at the very start of ocean, may be too far away from the action for some.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.