Wiki Posts
Search

IHG points sale, decent rates "daily giveaways"

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
IHG points sale, decent rates "daily giveaways"

I just saw this in my news feed, called "daily giveaways" and apparently it is through a company called us travel which is a company that promotes us tourism. It lists pretty good prices

10,000 points for $50
...upto
60,000 points for $300

Again I just saw an article about this in my Google news feed and I have not purchased or used, but it looks like a pretty good deal if need a few extra points for upcoming trip? It opens at 1pm EST and I'm looking into it as could use a few extra points for my California trip next month so I will update if I use it. In the mean time had anyone seen this before???

And, FYI here's the link

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/Home
Old May 6, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
6 Minutes in and still available ...
Old May 6, 2019, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by blitzen
6 Minutes in and still available ...
The Daily Getaways IHG deals are equal to the 100% point bonus sale that IHG sometimes offers, so that's probably why the Daily Getaways packages are still available. But if you need points now, I think that the Daily Getaways packages are the way to go.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Daily deals was mentioned on some blog. IHG at 0.005 is basically what I value at meaning rather pay cash and get points. Best use of IHG points is on expensive/resort hotels and not what I refer as normal stays. If you want to stock up on points it is probably close to the best I have seen it.
Old May 6, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
A) Daily Getaways do not count against the annual purchase limit (so if you plan something big it might help)
B) 0.5 cents is the best offer (from memory) but that is dependent if you can wait
C) Valuation is very difficult (read "impossible") as a hotel I/m staying in often has rates around $130 + tax or 25k points .... so given that I don't earn points on award stays this would be 0.5 cents, but I stay most of the time 4 days and am Ambassador (10% back) and have the old IHG CC card too (10% back) so a stay for four days is $540 or 60k points (100k - 4th night free = 75k -20% = 60k) so I'm getting a lot of value out of the points. And that isn't even taking prime season into account ..... so everyone needs to find their own value
progapanda and Sisyphus1carus like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another point to consider:

At most properties, award-night stays are exempt from taxes. That can affect the value calculation.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:30 pm

I bought 10k points I needed for $50 to top off a three night stay in August. Two nights with Chase free nights (pre-devaluation) and third with points.

Any idea on how long before points post? Email confirmation said up to 10 business days.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
I bought 100,000 points at $500 but only because of the value proposition from holding both IHG credit cards and Ambassador status. I get 10% + 10% points rebate from my Ambassador status and the 'old' IHG credit card. In addition, the 'newer' IHG credit card lets me book 4th night free on points redemptions.

I would not be a buyer otherwise.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by progapanda
I bought 100,000 points at $500 but only because of the value proposition from holding both IHG credit cards and Ambassador status. I get 10% + 10% points rebate from my Ambassador status and the 'old' IHG credit card. In addition, the 'newer' IHG credit card lets me book 4th night free on points redemptions.

I would not be a buyer otherwise.
I'm a little surprised to see that all of the Daily Getaways IHG points packages are already sold out. (I bought points yesterday. The 10% rebate on redemptions that I get from having the "old" Chase/IHG card was enough for me to get decent value from the Daily Getaways packages this year.)
Old May 8, 2019, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by avatexrs
I bought 10k points I needed for $50 to top off a three night stay in August. Two nights with Chase free nights (pre-devaluation) and third with points.

Any idea on how long before points post? Email confirmation said up to 10 business days.
Points showed up in my account this morning - less than 48 hours from their purchase.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:07 pm

Mine are not in my account yet .... oh well
Old May 9, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The points I purchased on Monday are in my IHG account today.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Mine are not in my account yet .... oh well
mine posted this morning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.