Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best (redemption) Value in London

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Best (redemption) Value in London

Headed to London Aug 15-19 for 4 nights. Sitting on 127,000 IHG points. I dont think that is quite enough to cover all four night, but with Cash + Points I think I am covered. Crown Plaza London seems tp be 35k Points per night, +87 GBP , while the Holiday Inn - Mayfair is 30k points per night +101GBP

Whats the best redemption value for the amount of points I have for 4 nights? Any special ways that I should search, or options I should consider?

Thanks,
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just be aware that "Cash & Points" is simply selling you points at the time of reservation. You should compare that cost with simply buying points during a promo or making a C+P reservation elsewhere and then cancelling it. (you will get all points back)

Once you've done that, simply book the hotel that best fits your points budget and the area of London you wish to stay in...
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:15 pm

It might be better to outright book some nights fully on points, and others fully in cash. Prolly yields a higher value.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Just be aware that "Cash & Points" is simply selling you points at the time of reservation. You should compare that cost with simply buying points during a promo or making a C+P reservation elsewhere and then cancelling it. (you will get all points back)

Once you've done that, simply book the hotel that best fits your points budget and the area of London you wish to stay in...
I didn't realize that... Thats good info. Thanks,
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Might play with the dates and see if you can find individual nights at the Staybridge Vauxhall- award nights not not available for your whole date range, but the SBS brand gives you a lot more for your money or points than other brands in their price range. We also really liked Staybridge Stratford, but it's somewhat far by many people's standards.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Rewards Diamond Amb, Radisson Gold
IMO any redemption in London is bad value, when Partner rate for CP Kings Cross is just 80 GBP, CP City - 133 GBP for your dates...
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Uglook
IMO any redemption in London is bad value, when Partner rate for CP Kings Cross is just 80 GBP, CP City - 133 GBP for your dates...
This is good stuff, thanks. Unfortunately:

Partner Rate Up to 20% Off is not available on one or more of the selected dates. Please view available rooms below, :
I can probably play around with the dates as its “weekend” only.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
What is the partner rate? That seems a lot lower than my corp rate.

I do think the CP KX is fairly good value for redemption being a lot less than the CP City and with good rooms and facilities.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:36 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Same question - £80 for CPKX sounds way too good to be true!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:05 am
Original Poster

I found these searching the forum. When I was checking rates, I saw the super low price, dates just didnt work for my schedule.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...ed-2019-a.html

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/de...300430&srb_u=1

Last edited by returnoftheyeti; Apr 10, 2019 at 8:25 am
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
They are, useless for many as weekends only.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
This hotel seemed pretty far out from “tourist” land, is this a good location?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:13 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti

This hotel seemed pretty far out from “tourist” land, is this a good location?
Youre right, it is! But if you’ve been before and are looking for quality digs at £80 night in Zone 1 then it’s a stand-out choice. I doubt there’s any better place in London Zone 1 for £80
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
They are, useless for many as weekends only.
Not all properties abide by the weekends only and will release midweek dates at the Partner rate.

CPKX is one of those properties that has done in the past although you are looking at around £140+ rather than £80 so not completely useless.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Staybridge Suites Vauxhall - I stayed there for a week; it was great.

Do you have the IHG Premier card from Chase? It confers, IINM, fourth night free on reward stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.