Wiki Posts
Search

EVEN - Seattle, WA (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
EVEN - Seattle, WA (Master Thread)

Hotel is located in the South Lake Union area of Seattle, also known as Tech Central with major Amazon and Microsoft facilities nearby. Shares a building with a Staybridge property, separate entrances on each side. Pointedly recognized as a spire Elite guest at check-in. Was assigned a king room on the top floor, which I suppose the agent considered a sort of upgrade. Chose the welcome amenity points over the free drink, which posted by the time I had finished unpacking. Late checkout request for 13.00 (officially 11.00) granted without hesitation.

At first, I feared the fitness theme would be overwhelming, but it soon faded into a barely noticeable background design. Keurig machine and refrigerator were nice touches, lots of electric connection via AC and USB. At first, I feared the bedside lamp would be an issue for sleeping, but came across the brilliant idea of tucking it into the nightstand drawer which worked out fine. Water pressure wasn’t the greatest, so I ended up using the handheld piece rather than relying solely on the overhead shower itself. Interesting to note that the toiletries are supplied by celebrity Upstate New York goat farmers The Beekman Boys!

Food and beverage option was the only somewhat negative aspects to the stay, but your mileage in future may vary. Chef assigned to work that night called in sick at the last moment, with the bartender having to do “double duty” via a limited menu. I was a bit put off by her defensive attitude when the joint wasn’t at all crowded. My sandwich was rather dry even after applying extra mayonnaise. The first drink she made me was quite good, if not exactly generous; however, when I attempted to order a different highlighted drink from the menu as a follow-up, she replied that they were out of the necessary ingredients.

I can’t say as I would specifically recommend this property, but I would tell folks to consider it in the mix of possibilities if the price seemed right, with the full points perhaps trumping the adjoining Staybridge with full kitchen and breakfast provided at 50% earning.

Clock radio in Pink mode. Looked promising for its mp3 speaker possibility, but didn't go that route.

Electric power on each side - note the clock is now blue!

Desk with Keurig and refrigerator to the left. Electric sockets, with USB, below television.

Fitness regime stuff in corner

Fitness supplies

Beekman Boys got ya covered!

Cork & Kale bar-and-restaurant
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
You can control bedside lamp light - thats easy, you can EVEN turn it off.

Last edited by olegator; Feb 25, 2019 at 1:02 am Reason: Mental disorder of some sort

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.