Wiki Posts
Search

RA Guaranteed Availability Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
RA Guaranteed Availability Experiences

I’d planned a few nights at my fave IC, and have flexibility on dates. However only two nights are available the whole month. It’s been showing like this since last Sept at least.

Does anyone have experience as RA of requesting rooms at an IC property when it shows as full?

If succesful, what would be the price charged? Full rack rate?

Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
As RA it is a t+c benefit, but rate offered is not always one you can swallow

I have been offered both acceptable and too-high rates when I have contacted an IC to get room released at a soldout IC under RA t+c, and also have got rate offer that stated no further room upgrade is possible. Been offered only a suite too under the RA request, hotel does not have to offer entry level rooms.

As you say it is your fave IC , you must have many stays so be known to the hotel and will likely get a better rate offer than someone who has never stayed.
Will not be as low as your normal corp/adr/flex rate, but logistically the flex rate the last standard room was sold for which can be quite pricey compared to flex rate if loads of rooms unsold.... Plus that days/weeks rates could be even doubled for all rooms if local event, and even require a multinight stay.

Upto the hotel itself and the rate offered can vary greatly , often depending on things like
o how many % is hotel already oversold. if becomes too high then becomes likely will need to walk some guests
o current rates at nearby hotels
o is some event local so other hotels nearby filled too, so is either now a)costly b)impossible to walk guests
o have you stayed multiple times at the hotel before, it will definitely help
o Hotel may decide to not offer standardentry level room but a costlier suite

o Hotel get request and decide what rate to offer, if good it is likely the rate of "last sold flex rate room" which to my mind is perfectly fair, but can be double what is usual, and even higher if hotel had increased usual nightly rates for some conference/event taking place locally. Hotel also needs factor in cost of your Ambassador guaranteed upgrade and cost to walk someone to another hotel.
o Hotel can also say minimum 2/3 night booking needed and not allow a 1-nighter if that was imposed for the other bookings
o If they have to offer you as an RA but want you to turn their offer down, it is a rack rate type offer.
DonPedro likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.