Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday inn express VS Fairfied

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Holiday inn express VS Fairfied

There are more and more Fairfield by Marriott opening in Aisa, mostly though are a little expensive than I imagine, and more expensive than that HIX in the same area,

I thought Fairfield is into the same segment as HIX, but someone told me Fairfield is holiday inn not express. But my HIX boss told me they are the same level and IHG is always the best for employee. Any thought?

So are courtyard a step higher than holiday inn or about the same?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
In the US context I would consider Fairfield in the same market as HI Express, limited service and free breakfast of a certain quality. No experience with Asian Fairfields but the HIX's I have stayed in abroad have been superior to their US counterparts.

I would consider US Courtyards a slight step above a Holiday Inn for property quality but I am a points slut so IHG it is.
ChinaShrek likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I agree, in the US I consider Fairfield equal to HIX.

Comparing Courtyard to HI is tougher. I consider them to be equal in category but the challenge is that US HIs are often older properties with hit-or-miss renovation.

Asian CYs I've stayed at have been much better than their US counterparts. I have not stayed at FFI, HIX, or HI in Asia.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
In the US context I would consider Fairfield in the same market as HI Express, limited service and free breakfast of a certain quality. No experience with Asian Fairfields but the HIX's I have stayed in abroad have been superior to their US counterparts.
Superior in what way?

My impression of Asian HIXs is based on looking into a Hong Kong HIX some years ago and finding that instead of a breakfast buffet, they made you choose between limited menu A or limited menu B and that was it. I don't view that as superior at all, and that was long before US HIXs improved their breakfasts this year.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
From a single Fairfield I have stayed at, I can say many HIE in terms of hard product are better. Hard to comment on service, HIE is normally reliable but nothing great, FF was a mix – great welcome letters and fresh fruits, but mess up on some other issues.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I have stayed at a few Fairfields that are newly built and they are pretty nice. However upgrade possibilities are much worse compared to HIX (I'm PP with Marriott and P with IHG). I often get a suite in HIX vs FFI that has suites - my upgrade at HIX is almost at 100%.

I also think that the US HIXs are way better than the ones in Asia (HK/China - they feel cheap, the beds are stone hard and the rooms are tiny).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.