Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Ambassador Challenge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
This credit has existed for over a year. As an Ambassador, I’d usually get £15 credit but recently have been given £25 as a voucher at check in.

Therefore not necessarily a sign that this hotel is eliminating free minibar (let us not forget that the half bottle of Perrier Jouet is priced at £60....a £25 voucher doesn’t cover much).
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:27 pm

RA here, this year was my first time staying at IC hotels and first time becoming RA. Have over 20k spend at one IC hotel, but did not recieve the email.

Still kind of in the dark on whether ill get status for next year
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by MoofuJJ
RA here, this year was my first time staying at IC hotels and first time becoming RA. Have over 20k spend at one IC hotel, but did not recieve the email.

If you drop 20K at one hotel over a year, they should treat you as VIP regardless of status.
Should you not be renewed, an email to the right folks at IHG is in order.

As a reference point neithe did I get the email. RA currently sitting at 6KUSD spend. Never stayed at a Kimpton.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: all
I am sitting at approx. 15K spend this year. Have been an RA for 3 years. No offer. Im done with these guys in any case. Moved to Hyatt Globalist already.

They keep watering RA down and now this crap
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MoofuJJ

Didn't RA always require to stay at multiple IC hotels and not just one property?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Didn't RA always require to stay at multiple IC hotels and not just one property?
Yes for some years upto 2014 target was [60/20/3] paid qual nights , 60 nights at IHG including 20 IC nights at least 3x diff ICs

later became [75/30/3] .

This has changed to the calendar year review based on IC only brand stay plus f+b spend target, no minimum number of IC's as one honeymooner volinteered got RA for 2weeks at an IC
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:20 am

Is there any way to elicit an invitation for this challenge? I am currently Spire Amb. with significant IC spend, F&B spend, etc.? Where would I see this offer if I have been targeted?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Is there any way to elicit an invitation for this challenge? I am currently Spire Amb. with significant IC spend, F&B spend, etc.? Where would I see this offer if I have been targeted?
Hardly worth having offer, only seemingly offered to those already past the RA requal spend, trying to trick us into unecessary spend, and in some (not all) offers require stay at a Kimpton brand hotel.

Majority of posted offers, seem to be to those Ambs/RAs who are already past or about to pass the qualification $$$ IC spend criteria to qualify as an RA in last years, some even at usd20000++ when criteria has been only usd10k++.

If your mentioned significant IC spend exceeds usd10000++ (room anfd f+b) you could well be already ok come next year.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Hardly worth having offer, only seemingly offered to those already past the RA requal spend, trying to trick us into unecessary spend, and in some (not all) offers require stay at a Kimpton brand hotel.

Majority of posted offers, seem to be to those Ambs/RAs who are already past or about to pass the qualification $$$ IC spend criteria to qualify as an RA in last years, some even at usd20000++ when criteria has been only usd10k++.

If your mentioned significant IC spend exceeds usd10000++ (room anfd f+b) you could well be already ok come next year.
Haha, that would not surprise me at all knowing IHG. It could well be that challenge recipients would qualify anyway.

When do they issue RA status, in January? I will just wait and see. If I do not qualify I will speak to management at my usual IC.

I am already basically treated the same as RA at my most regular property, but I nevertheless would like the status at all IC properties. It would be in their interest to give me that, I think, as it would only increase my number of stays and overall revenue.

The kimpton stay requirement is strange, and that certainly is out of the question for me. I am not located anywhere near a Kimpton, to my knowledge, nor do I expect to travel anywhere that has one in the immediate future.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by pantanal
I am sitting at approx. 15K spend this year. Have been an RA for 3 years. No offer. Im done with these guys in any case. Moved to Hyatt Globalist already.

They keep watering RA down and now this crap
Why do you need an offer if you have probably already requalified????
Old Mar 29, 2020, 12:32 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Would love such a challenge…

Is there a status match program to RA? I'd be happy to spend the 60 IC nights this year but it'd be nice to have some fast track to the status and guarantee I'd get it.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by helvetic
Would love such a challenge…

Is there a status match program to RA? I'd be happy to spend the 60 IC nights this year but it'd be nice to have some fast track to the status and guarantee I'd get it.
sadly to be honest I have not heard of a status match nor do I believe it would be offered.

Additionally, 60 nights is no longer the requirements, you need to spend $10k+++

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.