Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20% Sale on Cash + Points for IHG cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
20% Sale on Cash + Points for IHG cardholders

Just received the email:

Save an extra 20%. With Points & Cash, you can combine as few as 5,000 points with your IHG®Rewards Club Premier Credit Card to book reward travel whenever you want. Book your next trip between September 13 and September 20, and stay by November 4, 2018 and you can receive 20% off the cash portion of your booking.
At first glance there seems to be plenty of availability for this sale.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
Interesting. My email offer is 15% and different dates:
Use Points & Cash to make your next trip sooner—because right now you’ll save 15% off the cash portion for any Points & Cash getaway you book before September 25th for your stays until October 28, 2018.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:59 pm

Interesting indeed. I have both IHG cards, and didn't get any email at all (and the link for the offer posted on DoC doesn't get me the offer).

I would love to buy some points too. With the 4th night free now, there's a lot of places that make sense at this rate.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the additional data points LIA and stets. LIA, do you carry just the Classic IHG card?

Stets, I'm surprised that even carrying *both* cards, you got no offer. Seems like it must be highly targeted.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by stets
Interesting indeed. I have both IHG cards, and didn't get any email at all (and the link for the offer posted on DoC doesn't get me the offer).

I would love to buy some points too. With the 4th night free now, there's a lot of places that make sense at this rate.
Did you try a cash and points booking? I didn't get an email (didn't try the DoC link though), but I get a discount when I try to make a booking with points and cash. I hold both cards.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Did you try a cash and points booking? I didn't get an email (didn't try the DoC link though), but I get a discount when I try to make a booking with points and cash. I hold both cards.
Yes, have even clicked through to the final confirmation screen to make sure it doesn't show up only there. I would really like to do this, so I've experimented quite a bit trying to get it to show up. You're just going through and booking P+C as normal and the discount is showing up?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by stets
Yes, have even clicked through to the final confirmation screen to make sure it doesn't show up only there. I would really like to do this, so I've experimented quite a bit trying to get it to show up. You're just going through and booking P+C as normal and the discount is showing up?
Yes, not working through a link but logged in to my account.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LostInAmerica
Interesting. My email offer is 15% and different dates:
Use Points & Cash to make your next trip sooner—because right now you’ll save 15% off the cash portion for any Points & Cash getaway you book before September 25th for your stays until October 28, 2018.
Same for me; I do not have the new card. Not a big deal since I have enough points I rarely book C&P. But interesting to note the different offers depending on your card.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Just booked a 5 night stay in LA which cost 40,000 points per nightHoliday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area
20,000 plus $92.00 per night which work out to .0046 cent per point
all the hotel that I have searched varies on the cash potion for the 20,000 points from $92 to $120
make sure you book one that cost $92.00 for the extra 20,000 points
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by lofu888
Just booked a 5 night stay in LA which cost 40,000 points per nightHoliday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area
20,000 plus $92.00 per night which work out to .0046 cent per point
all the hotel that I have searched varies on the cash potion for the 20,000 points from $92 to $120
make sure you book one that cost $92.00 for the extra 20,000 points
Interesting. That's exactly what I was charged at the HIX Nags Head, NC. 20K plus $92 must be the sweet spot.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Has anyone found a P&C 20K point offer for less than $115 (as the normal price)? There used to be a couple of hotels that had the P&C purchase of 20k points at $110. But one of those hotels is no longer an IHG hotel. And the other one went up in price.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:45 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:37 am
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Only got the 15% here.

eta: have both cards
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
Only got the 15% here.

eta: have both cards
Wife and I have both IHG cards and got the 20% offer on both account. But the funny thing is we both booked a 5 night stay on 08/14 and as of 5 PM today both of the $460.00 is still showing pending status in our Chase account.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by lofu888
Wife and I have both IHG cards and got the 20% offer on both account. But the funny thing is we both booked a 5 night stay on 08/14 and as of 5 PM today both of the $460.00 is still showing pending status in our Chase account.
The cash amount finally posted. Will cancel tomorrow and decide if we need more points and do another reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.