Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Mar Menor 'We don't do loyalty things'

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

IC Mar Menor 'We don't do loyalty things'

I've just returned from three days at IC Mar Menor where I was told 'we don't do the loyalty things like ambassador or IHG'.

I'm a Platinum Ambassador, when I stayed before as a IHG Platinum I got a welcome drink voucher and a room upgrade. This time all I got was the 4pm check out and a fruit plate, after a squabble at reception.

Should I hit up IHG customer service to say they aren't sticking to the brand guidelines?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by residentx
Should I hit up IHG customer service to say they aren't sticking to the brand guidelines?
absolutely
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:10 pm

This says more about IHG that about this particular hotel,

Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
... And complete the post stay survey. That can be very painful for the hotel management.

Originally Posted by 336
This says more about IHG that about this particular hotel,

Because IHG will penalize and fine the hotel?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I've been there as Platinum Amb and we got upgraded from a small suite to the Presidential Suite and received fruit+wine. Free parking was thrown in as well.
It was right after Christmas with very low occupancy, though.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:59 pm

Yes, you ABSOLUTELY should report this behavior to IHG management. This type of treatment shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Ambassador is not a "loyalty thing", its a paid-for membership program.
rapidex and Voodoo Daddy like this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by tangey
Ambassador is not a "loyalty thing", its a paid-for membership program.
Yes, I think we forget cash trumps loyalty in the Ambassador programme.

I can begin to understand the frustration of hotel owners and managers when IHG tells them "there's this group of folk who have paid us a couple of hundred dollars, so we'd like you to treat them real nice and give them some free stuff".

Perhaps IHG give hotels some incentive for hotels to pass on some love to Ambassadors.....
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Yes, I think we forget cash trumps loyalty in the Ambassador programme.

I can begin to understand the frustration of hotel owners and managers when IHG tells them "there's this group of folk who have paid us a couple of hundred dollars, so we'd like you to treat them real nice and give them some free stuff".

Perhaps IHG give hotels some incentive for hotels to pass on some love to Ambassadors.....
To counter that, the only reason I was at that hotel was because of IHG, and I have been twice before too. I eat at the hotel each night, drink at the pool in the day and looking at other hotel availability in the local area its the same for other people. Giving a late checkout, some fruit/wine and a better room isn't exactly a bottom line ender.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.