Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:14 am
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: DL Silver, NZ, VS, HH, IHG Gold, Marriott, Hertz 5*
Each Indigo is so different from the next. It is hard to pick one over the other.

A few of the ones I like are:

Tower Hill - Great hotel. Only Indigo I've stayed at that felt a little like a business hotel. I managed to get in on bargain rate.
Kensington. Fantastic Service. Managed by IHG. Currently beset by AirCon troubles. I'd avoid it for the next few weeks.
Leicester Square. All about location. Theatre themed rooms. Good for couples on theatre or romantic break. Would not recommend for business traveler.
San Diego Del Mar - Many rooms have great ocean views and a kitchenette. We cooked our own dinner and ate it on the patio as the sun set.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: IHG Ambassador , Marriott platinum, United, Delta
Have booked Rome for next summer and excited about trying out.

Last edited by mitchwebb; Aug 28, 2018 at 11:23 am Reason: multiple
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by mitchwebb
Hotel Indigo Paris, We arrived very late and spent the night with two rooms before we transferred to Le Grand. They were so friendly and didn't not understand the offering so ended up with both drink coupon and extra points for our one night stay. Nice location and great service.
+1 here. It's the only Indigo we've experienced, stayed there twice for about 4-6 nights each, were treated wonderfully. Front desk staff really went out of their way to be helpful, and also received nice upgrades as well. Would happily stay here again. And again. ^
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Another vote for LES in New York as the best.

I also liked Tower Hill in London - we were upgraded to a huge room with 4 poster bed, free minibar and the walls were brick and really funky.

Paddington has also never let us down. We liked Kensington when it opened but after two consecutive stays with terrible breakfast service we haven't been back. We were due to stay there in July to give it another try, but cancelled due to the AC issues.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, WOH Globalist
Allow me to echo comments about Rome. Compared to other hotels we stayed at in Italy room was large. Staff were excellent, great breakfast spread, in a nice part of town. It's expensive, but used my free night from the IHG credit card (before point limits were set)- it was a great deal.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:50 pm

2 things that I have come to love about Indigos based on my few stays: 1. Location has been excellent on all 3 of my stays. 2. Pets allowed, at least in the US ones I have stayed.

Rome was excellent but very pricey on a paid stay.
Savannah, GA- Nice hotel, Great Location.
Asheville, NC- Nice hotel, great location

Have an upcoming stay in downtown Kansas City which appears to be another great location.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I love the LES Indigo.

We were also a big fan of Singapore. Thought it was in a cool neighborhood!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:44 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Add me to the Rome list. Wonderful hotel in a perfect location.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by strickers
Service at the Indigo Kensington was excellent and the breakfast, which was cooked to order, was superb.
Kensington is great.
Paddington on the other hand sucked.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
I liked the one in San Diego.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I have three upcoming Indigo stays in November and December: I'm spending Thanksgiving week at the Indigo Kensington, which is my go-to hotel in London and all my stays there have been great.

In December, I'm looking forward to stays at Indigo properties that I haven't tried before: Indigo Paris Opera and Indigo Antwerp. Nice to see all the positive comments about the Paris location - I've wanted to try it for years but was never successful when trying to book it with points until this year.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by ShopAround
I have three upcoming Indigo stays in November and December: I'm spending Thanksgiving week at the Indigo Kensington, which is my go-to hotel in London and all my stays there have been great.

In December, I'm looking forward to stays at Indigo properties that I haven't tried before: Indigo Paris Opera and Indigo Antwerp. Nice to see all the positive comments about the Paris location - I've wanted to try it for years but was never successful when trying to book it with points until this year.
Please see my post #7 here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...-le-grand.html for more info about our two stays at the Paris Indigo. In particular, note the description of the street on which the hotel is located. It's blocked off to cars when coming from the Blvd des Capucines, and your cab will have to let you off at the street entrance, but it's a very short walk to the hotel entrance. I think there is a way to enter the street by car from the other side, near the theatre and the cafes. There is a mechanical gate there, and I never bothered to explore what is required to open the gate, which is not associated with the hotel. You might drop a note to the hotel to ask them.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bob12403
Please see my post #7 here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...-le-grand.html for more info about our two stays at the Paris Indigo. In particular, note the description of the street on which the hotel is located. It's blocked off to cars when coming from the Blvd des Capucines, and your cab will have to let you off at the street entrance, but it's a very short walk to the hotel entrance. I think there is a way to enter the street by car from the other side, near the theatre and the cafes. There is a mechanical gate there, and I never bothered to explore what is required to open the gate, which is not associated with the hotel. You might drop a note to the hotel to ask them.
Thanks - I'm very familiar with where the hotel is located. I travel to/from the airport via Roissy Bus, which stops around the corner and have stayed in hotels in the area that were much further from the bus stop than the Indigo, so I'm not too concerned about wheeling my luggage through the pedestrian street the hotel is on. I'm more of a walker than a cab person anyway, so a street without vehicular traffic won't bother me at all. But your words of caution are very helpful to people that don't know the area - I've made over a dozen trips to Paris and almost always stay in the Opera/Madeleine area, so I know exactly where I'm going.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:47 pm

For me it was the Hotel Indigo Bangkok Wireless Road, mostly because of the stunning views from the infinity pool:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.