Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Phu Quoc (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I haven't checked today, initially there was some selected availability. As I'm not planning a trip into the area anytime soon, I refrained from speculative bookings that unnecessarily "soak up" availability. For one, you must check date by date and not use the "availability calendar" function as that one does not work correctly. However, given this was probably the best hotel on this latest points breaks list I wouldn't be surprised if all award availability was gone in hours.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: NZ
Yesterday I booked three nights in early January. When I checked there were still some dates available during the January/mid-February window I was looking at. I guess it has all gone now.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by minz56
Yesterday I booked three nights in early January. When I checked there were still some dates available during the January/mid-February window I was looking at. I guess it has all gone now.
Ditto .... thanks to the steer from Demue, I saw a full week mid May. Result. Never even crossed my mind to look at PB offers. Will be doing so in future
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
We are here now and WOW!

We are in the middle of an 8 night stay but I thought I would post early.
Had a booking for 210,000 points until the IHG Pointbreak list came out and we were able to cancel and re-book 8 nights 90,000 points ( 6 with points, 2 free for the Chase CC)

Paid nights right now start around USD 120.00 a night for a resort classic room; before someone says that a 210,000 point redemption for USD 120.00 per night hotel is a bad redemption; know i agree but I earn more IHG points than I can spend.

So being in only 90,000 points for 8 nights we upgraded to Club for USD 130.00 a night and also received an additional room upgrade.
The Club is one of the nicest I have seen and the staff is the nicest period. There was quite a bit of pre-arrival coordination between us and An who manages the club.
For the meantime the Club is allowing children inside, that may change down the road once this property is established and running at higher occupancy.

The staff is extremely warm, and welcoming.
Breakfast is top notch for an Asian Resort with 3 to 4 live cooking stations for eggs, noodles (pho) and Banh Mi.
Food in the Club is also quite good, the Vietnamese Iced Coffee is perfect.

This property has families covered, as said families in the club, a section in the main restaurant for children with mini tables and chairs and a small mini buffet all at child height so our daughter can stand and point at what she wants on her plate.

Awesome main pool and children's pool off of one of the wings with a serious water slide and water feature station; think Nickelodeon.
Life vests and pool floats at all pools for toddlers and children and a nice Planet Trekkers facility.

There is currently construction on each side of the resort, however while occupancy is low they will give you a room on the inside of the "U" so you will see the pool and beach.

This may seriously be our favorite IC in SE Asia, we still have 6 more nights to decide.

Come and visit before it gets too busy, lot's of personal attention right now.

Travel Safe
Robert.
tentseller and Atacama40 like this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by rebadc
We are in the middle of an 8 night stay but I thought I would post early.
Had a booking for 210,000 points until the IHG Pointbreak list came out and we were able to cancel and re-book 8 nights 90,000 points ( 6 with points, 2 free for the Chase CC)

Paid nights right now start around USD 120.00 a night for a resort classic room; before someone says that a 210,000 point redemption for USD 120.00 per night hotel is a bad redemption; know i agree but I earn more IHG points than I can spend.

So being in only 90,000 points for 8 nights we upgraded to Club for USD 130.00 a night and also received an additional room upgrade.
The Club is one of the nicest I have seen and the staff is the nicest period. There was quite a bit of pre-arrival coordination between us and An who manages the club.
For the meantime the Club is allowing children inside, that may change down the road once this property is established and running at higher occupancy.

The staff is extremely warm, and welcoming.
Breakfast is top notch for an Asian Resort with 3 to 4 live cooking stations for eggs, noodles (pho) and Banh Mi.
Food in the Club is also quite good, the Vietnamese Iced Coffee is perfect.

This property has families covered, as said families in the club, a section in the main restaurant for children with mini tables and chairs and a small mini buffet all at child height so our daughter can stand and point at what she wants on her plate.

Awesome main pool and children's pool off of one of the wings with a serious water slide and water feature station; think Nickelodeon.
Life vests and pool floats at all pools for toddlers and children and a nice Planet Trekkers facility.

There is currently construction on each side of the resort, however while occupancy is low they will give you a room on the inside of the "U" so you will see the pool and beach.

This may seriously be our favorite IC in SE Asia, we still have 6 more nights to decide.

Come and visit before it gets too busy, lot's of personal attention right now.

Travel Safe
Robert.
Now that's what we have been waiting for ... super data Robert, thanks for taking the time.

Possible to post some pictures of rooms layouts, pool areas, club lounge, lounge foods etc etc ... if you have the time of course.

And understanding that it's very family centric (all good) but are there also separate pools for those without small folk? I remember at Danang they have a club pool and at some hotels like Royal Mirage they are have an adult pool ..... save old's moaning at kids having an agreeable time !!! :-) Curious.

Also how is the beach sand quality and water temperature? Danang I remember being mad cold although a lovely beach. And conversely, the Thai IC beaches are pretty grubby but water good and warm. Again curious how it is there and what the beach and pool side service is like?

I've also been talking with the hotel and their pre-booking support has been exceptional at all levels so far.

Very promising data on the club lounge. Aside form the environment, how is the F&B in there? Is the evening food offer solid or just nibbles? Also are they serving champagne or sparking? Ahh just seen your comment on food offering. Excellent news.

Also having seen the resort, any suggestions what rooms/suites/villas you'd lean toward?

And are you RA or A Robert? How do you feel you were treated in that respect?

Great data Robert .... anyway let you get back to the holiday but if you have time later or after holiday would be great to hear back. And given there's no formal review, I'd say a lot of FT'er's would welcome a full review.

Thanks for the update, great data. Cheers
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Well that all sounds very promising, would love to know if they serve Champagne in the club lounge also, been seriously thinking about a stop there next year.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
$130 for a Club Upgrade fee PER DAY in Vietnam? Wow that's rich. Considering that's 4x $30 a day one could say let's just pay for breakfast and proper dinner.

During the dates I have booked the price jumps from $174(King Resort Classic) to $395 (King Club Intercontinenal) and that's just Club, not even an guaranteed Ocean View [says Ocean OR Lagoon view - same as Standard]. It does come with Airport Transfer though.

Enjoy elevated privilege with access to our club intercontinental lounge offering complimentary daily breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails and canapes, as well as butler service on request and airport transfer. The elegant 49 sqm king room features sweeping ocean and pool or lagoon views.
The only suite that officially comes with Club Access is the 1BR Club Panoramic Suite. Never seen such weird restrictions before. What does this Club serve, Krug and Caviar??
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Now that's what we have been waiting for ... super data Robert, thanks for taking the time.

Possible to post some pictures of rooms layouts, pool areas, club lounge, lounge foods etc etc ... if you have the time of course.

And understanding that it's very family centric (all good) but are there also separate pools for those without small folk? I remember at Danang they have a club pool and at some hotels like Royal Mirage they are have an adult pool ..... save old's moaning at kids having an agreeable time !!! :-) Curious.

Also how is the beach sand quality and water temperature? Danang I remember being mad cold although a lovely beach. And conversely, the Thai IC beaches are pretty grubby but water good and warm. Again curious how it is there and what the beach and pool side service is like?

I've also been talking with the hotel and their pre-booking support has been exceptional at all levels so far.

Very promising data on the club lounge. Aside form the environment, how is the F&B in there? Is the evening food offer solid or just nibbles? Also are they serving champagne or sparking? Ahh just seen your comment on food offering. Excellent news.

Also having seen the resort, any suggestions what rooms/suites/villas you'd lean toward?

And are you RA or A Robert? How do you feel you were treated in that respect?

Great data Robert .... anyway let you get back to the holiday but if you have time later or after holiday would be great to hear back. And given there's no formal review, I'd say a lot of FT'er's would welcome a full review.

Thanks for the update, great data. Cheers
I think I can manage to post some pictures in a few days.

There is a pool dedicated for the Club, children are allowed in the Club so my guess by extension also the Club pool. We have only seen 2 people out at the Club Pool and they were just having a smoke. I guess the answer right now is that there is not a dedicated adults pool, families will likely use the children's pool and water slide next to Planet Trekkers.

The beach is clean, white sand, not super fine but very soft, the water in the ocean and all pools is perfect, not too cold and not warm that its not refreshing.
We went in the ocean around 4pm, low tide? and you get 3 to 4 steps before you drop off into 4 feet of water, we had to keep an eye on our young daughter so she wouldn't disappear.

Agree, An in the Club is on top of her game, Antonio the GRM stopped by this morning to say hi to us at breakfast, nice Chap who is also available to make sure your taken care of.

I don't drink, the wife is sold on the mojitos in the Club, they are serving Chandon Brut. In terms of food we are taking breakfast in the restaurant and its really good. Afternoon tea is also solid with savory and sweet bites, I would call the evening food nibbles, really nice and as much as you like. cold canapes fruit, sushi, Vietnamese rolls etc. with hot canapes sent to the table from the kitchen. Evening food is between 6 and 8 pm so we have not yet visited any of the restaurants.

We are in a Club Terrance room facing the inside of the "U" with pool and ocean views, rooms on the outside of the "U" will offer views of construction.
They have a tower which has full 1 and 2 bedroom apartments with dining room, kitchen washing machine, etc. part of the time share.
They also have garden and panorama suites, the panorama suites front the ocean and have a semi private patio with loungers.
When you make a Club reservation ask about other room options, they will show you whats available during you stay when you check in. we looked at a 1 bedroom because we are here for 8 nights it has a separate living/dinning room. In the end the Club Terrance was perfect for us.

I am a Spire Ambassador and we felt welcomed.
KRS and Atacama40 like this.

Last edited by rebadc; Dec 3, 2018 at 5:33 am
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: NZ
I have a 3 night stay planned in January using the Pointsbreak deal. I don't plan in upgrading to Club as the cost is prohibitive for one person.

So, I would be interested in any feedback on the cost of breakfast, drinks/cocktails in the bar and dinner. Also are there any places outside the hotel (and nearby) that could offer an alternative to eating at the IC?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:37 pm

I think I can manage to post some pictures in a few days.

There is a pool dedicated for the Club, children are allowed in the Club so my guess by extension also the Club pool. We have only seen 2 people out at the Club Pool and they were just having a smoke. I guess the answer right now is that there is not a dedicated adults pool, families will likely use the children's pool and water slide next to Planet Trekkers.

The beach is clean, white sand, not super fine but very soft, the water in the ocean and all pools is perfect, not too cold and not warm that its not refreshing.
We went in the ocean around 4pm, low tide? and you get 3 to 4 steps before you drop off into 4 feet of water, we had to keep an eye on our young daughter so she wouldn't disappear.

Agree, An in the Club is on top of her game, Antonio the GRM stopped by this morning to say hi to us at breakfast, nice Chap who is also available to make sure your taken care of.

I don't drink, the wife is sold on the mojitos in the Club, they are serving Chandon Brut. In terms of food we are taking breakfast in the restaurant and its really good. Afternoon tea is also solid with savory and sweet bites, I would call the evening food nibbles, really nice and as much as you like. cold canapes fruit, sushi, Vietnamese rolls etc. with hot canapes sent to the table from the kitchen. Evening food is between 6 and 8 pm so we have not yet visited any of the restaurants.

We are in a Club Terrance room facing the inside of the "U" with pool and ocean views, rooms on the outside of the "U" will offer views of construction.
They have a tower which has full 1 and 2 bedroom apartments with dining room, kitchen washing machine, etc. part of the time share.
They also have garden and panorama suites, the panorama suites front the ocean and have a semi private patio with loungers.
When you make a Club reservation ask about other room options, they will show you whats available during you stay when you check in. we looked at a 1 bedroom because we are here for 8 nights it has a separate living/dinning room. In the end the Club Terrance was perfect for us.

I am a Spire Ambassador and we felt welcomed.
Again solid stuff, thanks Robert, you have the curse and fortunate to be the first guy on the spot there! You are our first FT Neil Armstrong there at the new IC on the island :-)

Lounge sounds like Mrs' Atacamas place for sure ... mine to come to that.

Look forward to pics when you get time .... they really do get looked at and influence decisions of many Ft'ers. Have a load of questions however to escape the wrath of family, I'd suggest get back to the hols.

All the best
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:52 pm
KRS

So I guess you arranged the paid upgrade before arrival? Did you try to negotiate or was USD130 the first offer?

Travel Safe
Robert.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:07 pm

Rebadc mentioned that there was building either side of IC Phu Quoc. I had a quick look at what was being built for the hell of it .... there are several things, Fusion Suites, The Phu Quoc Sailing Club but also a "Regent Phu Quoc Resort"!

Maybe I've entirely misunderstood but isn't this the same Regent that IHG bought recently? Not that I know a huge amount about these things but seems an odd fit with a brand new IC next door. Read somewhere that IC HK after it reopens from it's refurb will be a Regent. That I get but this next door to a good new IC?

Anyone know anything or have I just totally misunderstood things?

Last edited by Atacama40; Dec 6, 2018 at 1:08 pm Reason: add pic
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:10 pm

Rebadc mentioned that there was building either side of IC Phu Quoc. I had a quick look at what was being built for the hell of it .... there are several things, Fusion Suites, The Phu Quoc Sailing Club but also a "Regent Phu Quoc Resort"!

Maybe I've entirely misunderstood but isn't this the same Regent that IHG bought recently? Not that I know a huge amount about these things but seems an odd fit with a brand new IC next door. Read somewhere that IC HK after it reopens from it's refurb will be a Regent. That I get but this next door to a good new IC?

Anyone know anything or have I just totally misunderstood things?

Ahh could be they are residences rather than hotel ....
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:11 am

Ahh could be they are residences rather than hotel ....
Staff here believe it's a HI going in next door.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
$130 for a Club Upgrade fee PER DAY in Vietnam? Wow that's rich. Considering that's 4x $30 a day one could say let's just pay for breakfast and proper dinner.
The price jumps. Look at IC Danang.

You pay outrageous prices at 5 star hotels all over Asia, nothing excluded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.