Wiki Posts
Search

10% rebate on Points Break stays

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA, WN
10% rebate on Points Break stays

On Point Break rate stays do IHG credit card holders receive the 10% rebate of points used to pay for the stay?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by mrlasssen
On Point Break rate stays do IHG credit card holders receive the 10% rebate of points used to pay for the stay?
I was given that rebate for a six-night stay at the HIX Belfast Antrim in April 2017 that in the end cost me 27K in points.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:26 pm

If you’re referring to the IHG Select Mastercard (no longer available to new applicants), then yes.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dadofsix
If you’re referring to the IHG Select Mastercard (no longer available to new applicants), then yes.
I am referring to the IHG Chase credit card that I have had for several years.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
I was given that rebate for a six-night stay at the HIX Belfast Antrim in April 2017 that in the end cost me 27K in points.
Wow, that was a heck of a deal.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond

Wow, that was a heck of a deal.
If the new Premier "four for the price of three" award had been in effect then, it would have only been 22.5K. I realize these deals aren't likely to be as good now that some properties can go for 10K or 15K, but Pointsbreaks are still great deals. I'll take a 15K hotel for six days at 67.5K.
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
If the new Premier "four for the price of three" award had been in effect then, it would have only been 22.5K. I realize these deals aren't likely to be as good now that some properties can go for 10K or 15K, but Pointsbreaks are still great deals. I'll take a 15K hotel for six days at 67.5K.
Or it might have been 25k without the 10% points rebate (of course, still an awesome deal). No matter what the various blogs are claiming, in practice it still hasn’t been proven yet that the 10% rebate from the Select card remains in effect after the new card gets recorded in the member’s IHG account. Still awaiting the 1st successful DP for this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
On a similar topic: When using the Ambassador Renewal "200USD" option that includes 10% off on redemptions will that also apply to Points Break stays?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by jumbooze
On a similar topic: When using the Ambassador Renewal "200USD" option that includes 10% off on redemptions will that also apply to Points Break stays?
It should. It may or may not stack correctly with the 10% credit card rebate though. Anyone able to confirm that these two 10% rebates *did* or *did not* stack for them?
jumbooze likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mster
It should. It may or may not stack correctly with the 10% credit card rebate though. Anyone able to confirm that these two 10% rebates *did* or *did not* stack for them?
Thanks, as a foreigner I can't apply for the credit card so no risk of that ;D
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by jumbooze
I can confirm that the rebate works on points breaks too. 4000p for a night is pretty sweet 😁 and before anyone asks 5000-10%-500welcome points 😁 if 600p then even better of cpurse
jumbooze likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Dadofsix
Or it might have been 25k without the 10% points rebate (of course, still an awesome deal). No matter what the various blogs are claiming, in practice it still hasn’t been proven yet that the 10% rebate from the Select card remains in effect after the new card gets recorded in the member’s IHG account. Still awaiting the 1st successful DP for this.

I just stayed at a 10k PB stay at CP Manila for two bookings of 8 nights and 9 nights. So the 8 nights came out to 60k because the new IHG card gave the 4th and 8th night free, and I got 6k in points back from my old IHG card, so 54k points total for the first 8 nights. I'm just waiting for the 7k rebate from my second booking of 9 nights.

It's a great stacking of benefits. The added benefits are more than keeping up with the devaluations IMO.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Last month I did two reward stays. One was PB and one was not. I received the rebate for the larger one about two weeks ago. Still have not received anything for the PB booking.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by mster
It did stack, but I did not use point breakers, a regular redemption. And it did required a follow-up call(s) to get it posted.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by itcheroni
I just stayed at a 10k PB stay at CP Manila for two bookings of 8 nights and 9 nights. So the 8 nights came out to 60k because the new IHG card gave the 4th and 8th night free, and I got 6k in points back from my old IHG card, so 54k points total for the first 8 nights. I'm just waiting for the 7k rebate from my second booking of 9 nights.

It's a great stacking of benefits. The added benefits are more than keeping up with the devaluations IMO.
Agreed regarding the stacking. Many data points have been provided by now. (I was skeptical initially because DPs were very slow to be reported.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.