Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to let IHG go...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Typical first world problem
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by blitzen
Typical first world problem
What's the point of comments like this? You could say that about virtually every issue raised on FT since it was formed.

And I think these kind of comments are always,always,always from people who live in the first world.

Disclaimer: I live in WAW. Not sure if it's the 1st world yet but it was the 2nd world not that long ago.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:58 am

Conversations like these always remind me of this clip (and a few others) from Frasier.

Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by yurtripper
What's the point of comments like this? You could say that about virtually every issue raised on FT since it was formed.

And I think these kind of comments are always,always,always from people who live in the first world.

Disclaimer: I live in WAW. Not sure if it's the 1st world yet but it was the 2nd world not that long ago.
Well this has nothing to do with were to are located.

First World prob·lem
noun
informal
plural noun: First World problems
  1. a relatively trivial or minor problem or frustration (implying a contrast with serious problems such as those that may be experienced in the developing world).
    "it's a First World problem, but still if you're staying at a 5-star resort you expect some decent service"
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Thank you to everyone who replied, especially those who saw the logic. To those who added words or changed the meaning, I apologise that clarity was not given perfectly.
But, a hotel program where the tail wags the dog is never going to offer consistency and therein lies the problem with IHG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.