Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how's the torrance, ca staybridge location

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2005, 8:59 am
Original Poster

how's the torrance, ca staybridge location

Does anyone know if the area around the Torrance, CA staybridge suites location is safe? The hotel looks fine in pictures, but I'm always cautious about areas in LA since you can have decent hotels neighboring questionable areas.

I'll be parking a moving truck with all my posessions, so it'd be nice to have it there in the morning. Probably just being very paranoid...
Old Jan 12, 2005, 11:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat, AA Gold, Priority Club Gold, WN Comp Pass, Hertz PC
I stayed there for about a month in 2003. The location seems to be quite safe. It's next to a fast moving street (average speed of cars around 45-50 MPH). For the time I stayed there, I did not see anyone walking around on the streets at late nights. It is next to the Chevron refinary and some of the Japanese car maker headquarters, and there isn't any residential area around it. Overall, the location is quite secluded from general population but it's also quiet at night. Granted some nuts could come to steal things because the parking lot isn't gated, however there are far better residential areas to steal things nearby. Unless your truck has a big sign that says there's a million dollar inside, no one is going to care.

As for the hotel itself, I liked it while I was there. There's a full kitchen, vcr, tv, hs internet, full breakfast, evening happy hour with free beer on tap and wine, and free gas BBQ grills to use.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 6:56 pm

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by sorearm
I stayed there for about a month in 2003. The location seems to be quite safe. It's next to a fast moving street (average speed of cars around 45-50 MPH). For the time I stayed there, I did not see anyone walking around on the streets at late nights. It is next to the Chevron refinary and some of the Japanese car maker headquarters, and there isn't any residential area around it. Overall, the location is quite secluded from general population but it's also quiet at night. Granted some nuts could come to steal things because the parking lot isn't gated, however there are far better residential areas to steal things nearby. Unless your truck has a big sign that says there's a million dollar inside, no one is going to care.

As for the hotel itself, I liked it while I was there. There's a full kitchen, vcr, tv, hs internet, full breakfast, evening happy hour with free beer on tap and wine, and free gas BBQ grills to use.
I'm there right now, for the last 3 nights. It's ok, all the rooms have outside entrances, and I got stuck on the third floor, stairs only.
the clerk tried to put me in a 1 br suite when I had a 2 br suite reserved. not sure why. the evening happy hour is beer in a pitcher, prob lite beer, and last nite was nachos, not good.
overall, I've been in better places, but it will serve your purposes nicely. seems to be quite safe too, as the previous poster mentioned.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

*the rooms are nice and comfy - especially after having driven 8 hours in a uhaul and sitting in 2 hours of LA traffic.
*there are A LOT of families, so getting a quick and quiet breakfast in the morning can be a bit of a chore. you may just opt to get something on the road if you're there for work
*there are no elevators and the hotel is apartment style with seperate units and outside stairs, luckilly, I was on the first floor and you couldn't hear the people above, but could here as people went up./down the stairs
*staff does have problems getting you into the right room. My first set of keys weren't programmed. Once reprogrammed, the room I was assigned was already occupied. I finally did get the right room.
*the area did seem very safe and pretty quiet at night
*freway access is a few miles away
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:41 am

Anyone have recent experience staying here? Thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:11 pm

I stayed there for one night this week. I liked the set up. Large grounds with all exterior entrances which from my experience isn't uncommon in CA. Standard Staybridge breakfast. Not much close if you need to walk. I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite which was kind of a waste considering I was alone and there for a total of 12 hours. My experience was very good.
whistler814 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.