FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   ANA Platinum Benefits (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1908771-ana-platinum-benefits.html)

pairofkeets May 10, 2018 5:26 pm

ANA Platinum Benefits

1 Attachment(s)
Just received an email from IHG today thanking me for being a valued IHG member and offered ANA Mileage Club Platinum Status. Anyone else get this email?
I am an IHG Platinum and have had a handful of stays at several IHG ANA properties in Japan

sodaisei May 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Interesting. As ANA Platinum I got an e-mail offering me IHG Platinum. I honestly think ANA Platinum is way more valuable than IHG Platinum...

If you live in Japan you can now automatically apply for a credit card (Superflyers card) that will give you Star Alliance Gold as long as you keep the card. If you live in the USA, with ANA Platinum you can access United Club for free with someone even in national flights. Same for Europe. So I think you are lucky!

watery May 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Got the email too (and I had also stayed in ANA-IHG properties if it matters). The T&C explicitly says no Super Flyer application though, not that it matters because I'm not based in Japan.

sodaisei May 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by watery (Post 29740473)
The T&C explicitly says no Super Flyer application though, not that it matters because I'm not based in Japan.

Oh OK. Makes sense considering how difficult is to get Platinum and Superflyers for those based in Japan.

OnAMileHigh May 10, 2018 8:54 pm

I received the offer e-mail as well. I too value ANA Platinum more than I do IHG Platinum. I did have a couple of stays last year at the ANA Crowne Plaza Narita. Looking forward to United Club access that comes with the Star Gold status.

valdor May 10, 2018 11:39 pm

I've received the offer too despite having no status with IHG (I only opened the account for one promo about a year ago).

Duke787 May 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Saw this on the blogs and apparently am eligible for the offer. Don't mind if I take the free *G for the next year that's coming with this in case I end up on any UA flights

Super Mario May 11, 2018 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787 (Post 29743180)
Saw this on the blogs and apparently am eligible for the offer. Don't mind if I take the free *G for the next year that's coming with this in case I end up on any UA flights

Did you get an email for it, or did you just apply for it through the link on the site? IHG doesn't have a good closed-loop system for targeted offers. They are known for an offer link to be open to all, then deleting an account later because of offer abuse. I'd be careful.

mpw81 May 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Well... crap. Tried to register for this before I saw this thread. I've only been Spire IC for this year since the Kimpton transition so I haven't followed the IHG flyertalk forum to know about them terminating accounts. I've had plenty of situations with other hotels/airlines where I was targeted but never got the communication and they all seem to have more sophisticated (so... ANY sophistication at all) systems to either block or ignore registrations like this, and I certainly wasn't trying to do anything fraudulently. Hopefully I just get ignored or a slap on the wrist and not terminated.

I wasn't going to re-qualify this year anyway but I do have some nice stays coming up that I'd like to keep my status for. Guess I'll use up all my points proactively and hope for the best. My account got hacked last month and it was frozen for about 2 weeks while they researched and re-instated my points. Maybe I can blame it on that.

tycosiao May 11, 2018 3:46 pm

I received the email as well , I have been a club member for a very Long time ever since I switched to Hilton.

I did stay in numerous Ana properties throughout the lifespan of my account

not complaining but loving it as I have lost my *G months ago.

puchong May 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario (Post 29743438)
Did you get an email for it, or did you just apply for it through the link on the site? IHG doesn't have a good closed-loop system for targeted offers. They are known for an offer link to be open to all, then deleting an account later because of offer abuse. I'd be careful.

Oh drat! A friend forwarded this link to me earlier today and I promptly signed up. Now reading your post I am worried and wonder how I can 'undo' this? Don't need ANA Platinum since I am already *G with another carrier :confused:

barracuda93 May 13, 2018 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by valdor (Post 29741178)
I've received the offer too despite having no status with IHG (I only opened the account for one promo about a year ago).

Which country are you registered in?

scubaccr May 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Seems this ANA/IHG offer is targetted to IHGers with IHG Japan stay in last 2years.

barracuda93 May 14, 2018 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 29754391)
Seems this ANA/IHG offer is targetted to IHGers with IHG Japan stay in last 2years.

Is there any mention of that on IHG site or other official sources? I guess I did have a couples of stays in IHG ANA properties in past 2–2,5 years.

scubaccr May 15, 2018 12:46 am

Loyaltylobby piece.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/05/11/...march-31-2019/