Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Monterrey, Mexico

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 8:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Crowne Plaza Monterrey, Mexico

Stay Report - 5/4 - 5/6

Location: The hotel is located in the Centro neighborhood two blocks west of the Macroplaza and MARCO Contemporary Art Museum. It's a short walk from the General Zaragoza Metro Station (#2 Line) and there are a number of restaurants and bars within a kilometer. MTY is a 25 minute drive to the east and a 330-350 Peso cab ride away.

Hotel: The structure is a 15 story concrete hulk that is aging and not always gracefully. It's a central atrium concept so there's a huge lobby area which had large events both nights I was there. There is a restaurant and a bar with an okay liquor selection on the lobby and then a lot of meeting space on the level up. There is also a lounge on the 14th floor.

Check In: Three of us checked into two rooms and it was an annoyingly slow process. Still, my IHG Platinum status was acknowledged and I was given a coupon for a free drink, a print out explaining all the benefits (annoyingly in Spanish so I'm not sure what they were!) and sent on my way.

Room: We had a pair of rooms with two beds on the 12th floor. There was a desk area, TV, outlets near the bed and a nice looking bathroom. However the shower in one of our rooms didn't work as the handle was broken and maintenance had to come fix it. Soundproofing isn't the best as the central atrium means you can hear everyone from downstairs. Wifi however works quite well.

Lounge: The lounge is on the 14th floor and is a very nice area with two dozen dining tables and a living room type area with couches and a TV. They had breakfast from 6 AM to 10 AM which had cereal, fruit, yogurt, pastries, cold cuts and cheese, quiche, sausage and hash browns. The agents were really friendly and when we relaxed there after breakfast they kept asking if we wanted something to drink. A tea service was put out at noon and they have evening appetizers too.

Overall this is a decent hotel. It's a good place to tour Monterrey from and while a bit dated, it's still good enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.