Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase IHG Traveler Card's "Fourth Reward Night Free"

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
You're saying you've been able to use the website to book 4 award nights for the points price of 3 WHILE you had less than four nights' worth of points available in the account? That's the scenario the others on this thread had been having issues with.

Originally Posted by kevino
I've had no problem using the website (not app) to book 4 award nights and being charged for only 3 nights of points. I've done it 4 or 5 times so far. YMMV.
Old May 18, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
My case:
I could use APP to book 4 award nights while I only have enough points for 3 nights.
However, I couldn't book the same 4-night stay using the IHG website with "You do not have enough points for this reservation" message shown.
progapanda likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
No, I’ve always had enough points in my account.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:41 pm

Anyone have problems booking on points alone? DW and I have both ccs, and Prime membership. Just tried to book Amsterdam in August. Rate is supposed to be 35K a night. When DW signs in, they will only give her 30K plus $50 a night. When I sign in, they will only offer 25K plus @ $80 a night. WT(H) ?
Old May 19, 2019, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Anyone have problems booking on points alone? DW and I have both ccs, and Prime membership. Just tried to book Amsterdam in August. Rate is supposed to be 35K a night. When DW signs in, they will only give her 30K plus $50 a night. When I sign in, they will only offer 25K plus @ $80 a night. WT(H) ?
Well I got it reserved thru the IHG Club phone number, that they try to hide. It was, as most of the readers here will immediately realize, a combination of operator error, and website error. I had read some posts saying that the website glitch that makes you have enough points for a 4 night stay to do the original booking, and then refunds the 4th night points at the end, had been fixed. NOPE. It was not letting me book 4 nights because DW only had enough points for 3 nights. My offer was lower because I had fewer points than she did. CSR was very nice, verified that we both had the card with the 4th night free, and booked it for us that way. Highly recommend that anyone having problems with the website booking engine call them at 1-888-211-9874. Yes you will get a CSR somewhere in Asia, but the one I spoke with was far from clueless. None of that reading rote answers off the computer screen. Very competent and pleasant.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
[...] 1-888-211-9874. Yes you will get a CSR somewhere in Asia, but the one I spoke with was far from clueless. None of that reading rote answers off the computer screen. Very competent and pleasant.
Thanks for report. It's good to hear of competent agents. And thanks for the phone number.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm looking to utilize the 4th night free benefit. If you hold both the old IHG card ($49AF) and the new IHG card ($89AF), can you stack both anniversary nights and pay with points for the 3rd night to get the 4th night free?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by comeflywme
I'm looking to utilize the 4th night free benefit. If you hold both the old IHG card ($49AF) and the new IHG card ($89AF), can you stack both anniversary nights and pay with points for the 3rd night to get the 4th night free?
I don't think you can stack anniversary nights with the 4th night free benefit.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
comeflywme likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Dagangwood is correct. You need to book a four night award stay using points, and you will be charged three nights worth of points. Chase free nights must be booked separately and individually.
dagangwood and comeflywme like this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Originally Posted by Colin
experienced this same problem today and came up with a self-service solution
booked my stay for 3 award nights first
went back into the reservation and used Change Stay* to extend to 4 nights
* to get to Change Stay, go back into your original reservation, click View All Reservations, click into the reservation under Stays and Events, click Change Stay
I tried to do it (book 3 nights then change to 4), but: did not find "Change Stay". All on a PC.
OK found it, need to get into the Detailed reservation. It worked!
Actually, a Great hack - Thank you Colin.
The original reservation is just for 3 reward nights. In the modified reservation confirmation IHG writes "Every fourth Reward Night is free! This exclusive IHG Rewards Club Credit Cardmember benefit has been applied to your stay. Enjoy your point savings!"

Last edited by IntFF; Aug 11, 2019 at 9:51 am
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
I have to say, I really enjoy this benefit. I’ve used it multiple times and it has saved me a ton of points. I definitely prefer it over the previous 10% points rebate.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
How long does it take for the account to get this benefit. I was approved for the card about 10 days ago.
do I have to wait 30 days or is something wrong?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:14 am

Is it possible to use the 4th night free benefit on more than one concurrently booked rooms?

EDIT: Well it seems to have worked for two rooms, hope it holds up.

Last edited by cschmae; Aug 20, 2019 at 8:07 am Reason: Add Info
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by stallion114
How long does it take for the account to get this benefit. I was approved for the card about 10 days ago.
do I have to wait 30 days or is something wrong?
Same here.
Contacted to Chase -> Ask to IHG
Contacted to IHG -> Just wait 3~4 weeks
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:42 pm

Same here. I had IHG no-fee version and just did a PC to Premier. Saw the IHG status changed to Platinum almost instantaneously. But when going to make a 4 night reservation (picked a random lower tier property as a test), the 4th night free message didn't show up. Tried on app and it is the same thing.

For the hotel I wanted to stay, I do not have enough balance for 4 nights, so I booked 3 nights first, then trying to change to 4 nights. This is the message I got: We couldn't process your request at this time. Funny that if I pick other dates but remain 3 nights, it worked. I will wait couple more days...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.