Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the best current cash & points buying opportunities?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
What are the best current cash & points buying opportunities?

Needed to buy some points fast and the best I could find was 20,000 points for $115 = .0575 cents per point using the cash and points trick.

Hotels offering that included Holiday Inn Club Vacations : At Desert Club Resort (Las Vegas), Holiday Inn Express Carson City, Holiday Inn San Francisco Civic Center, etc.

Are there better offers out there than that?

What's the best way to search just trying random dates at different 35,000 - 50,000 point hotels, one by one, or is there a better way?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:23 pm

The front page of the website tells me I'll be saving 15% on the cash portion of points & cash bookings!

"And now when you book by February 10, you'll save 15% on the cash portion of your booking on stays through March 2, 2018."

Granted, nothing is actually discounted when I search within those parameters on the new fancy website. But I guess it's the thought that counts.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by trouble747
The front page of the website tells me I'll be saving 15% on the cash portion of points & cash bookings!

"And now when you book by February 10, you'll save 15% on the cash portion of your booking on stays through March 2, 2018."

Granted, nothing is actually discounted when I search within those parameters on the new fancy website. But I guess it's the thought that counts.
Wow, I can see that on the front page too but can't find any real offers for it either.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Wow, I can see that on the front page too but can't find any real offers for it either.
Smoke & Mirrors, my name is IHG
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

I was looking at a points booking today and it said I was entitled to a 20% discount on cash and points booking. I "bought" 15000 points for $71.20 for a booking in downtown Minneapolis.

That's .475 cents per point. Are there any better offers out there?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I was looking at a points booking today and it said I was entitled to a 20% discount on cash and points booking. I "bought" 15000 points for $71.20 for a booking in downtown Minneapolis.

That's .475 cents per point. Are there any better offers out there?
I've seen 0.46 per point at a number of properties of which the IC Vienna was one.
Old May 1, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
The 20% off sale is over, but if anyone needs some cheap P+C rates, I've been seeing some cheap ones at the HIE Honolulu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.