Community
Wiki Posts
Search

72 hour guarantee. Bora Bora any success?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG ambassador spire elite, AA platinum
72 hour guarantee. Bora Bora any success?

Quick question I just booked a stay at the Le Moana in Bora Bora. days 1-5 points used. day 6 property sold out. day 7 points and cash used. It was hard as hell to find days I could use points at that property.

Do you guys think I have any chance of getting them to honor the 72 hour guarantee at that property?? I hate to move for 1 day. Current Status is Ambassador Spire Elite.

Or should I jump over to the Conrad for a day and ask their concierge to send their boat to another property to pick me up?
hilton Diamond
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:49 pm

Why wouldn't you try?

But, expect to be quoted a high walk in rate.

Might be worth it.

I would never hesitate to take up a hotelchain on their marketing promises.

Good luck.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 336
Why wouldn't you try?

But, expect to be quoted a high walk in rate.

Might be worth it.

I would never hesitate to take up a hotelchain on their marketing promises.

Good luck.
I called them. I got an IHG booking rep that then got me to an IHG rewards spire elite rep whom got me to a rewards supervisor. She couldn't get a hotel manager on the phone, the hotel rep wasn't high enough to authorize and is waiting to hear back from the hotel manager.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I wouldn't go to the Conrad. Transport will be expensive (private boat rides aren't cheap) and a pain. If anything, go across the street to Hotel Maitai, or if you want something fancier, down the road to Sofitel. But Maitai practically shares a parking lot with Le Moana and would be most convenient. I am sure you could use Le Moana facilities like you were still staying there, and just walk across the street to sleep at MaiTai. As a backup, keep your eye on Thalasso about 2 weeks before you leave. It often opens up on points.
Hawkeyefan likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I wouldn't go to the Conrad. Transport will be expensive (private boat rides aren't cheap) and a pain. If anything, go across the street to Hotel Maitai, or if you want something fancier, down the road to Sofitel. But Maitai practically shares a parking lot with Le Moana and would be most convenient. I am sure you could use Le Moana facilities like you were still staying there, and just walk across the street to sleep at MaiTai. As a backup, keep your eye on Thalasso about 2 weeks before you leave. It often opens up on points.

thx. .

now thats great advice

I was considering cancelling day 7 and adding a day to do 5 days in bora bora and 3 in Moorea but your advice sounds like a better option
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by nbirnbaum2
thx. .

now thats great advice

I was considering cancelling day 7 and adding a day to do 5 days in bora bora and 3 in Moorea but your advice sounds like a better option
Turns out I gave you bad advice I meant Hotel Matira. It is across the street from Le Moana.

Hotel Mai Tai is down the street (3-4 minute walk).
nbirnbaum2 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:38 am
Original Poster

The hotel is indeed sold out but my 72 hour guarantee is being honored. hit with discounted corporate rate by the La Moana . no biggie. I sure hope I dont run into the people Im bumping by forcing an overbook.

Last edited by nbirnbaum2; Feb 2, 2018 at 7:09 pm
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:00 am

The hotel is indeed sold out but my 72 hour guarantee is being honored. hit with discounted corporate rate my the La Moana . no biggie. I sure hope I dont run into the people Im bumping by forcing an overbook.
For the benefit of FT, maybe you can inform everyone what the 72 hour guarantee rate was? Then this can probably get merged into the Le Moana thread.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:07 am

For the benefit of FT, maybe you can inform everyone what the 72 hour guarantee rate was? Then this can probably get merged into the Le Moana thread.
Edit: Mis-read what you said!

I'm also interested in this
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lionheart
Edit: Mis-read what you said!

I'm also interested in this

I got hit at $679 USD
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

$679USD
Old Feb 23, 2018, 5:08 pm

Quick question I just booked a stay at the Le Moana in Bora Bora. days 1-5 points used. day 6 property sold out. day 7 points and cash used. It was hard as hell to find days I could use points at that property.
Can you share dates?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

May 15-23 Bora Bora. May 23-26. Moorea
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Sorry to hijack this thread but, my opinion, is that the Conrad property is way superior than the Le Moana in every single point.

I know reward nights are hard to come by at either property but after staying at the Conrad, Le Moana and Thalasso ... for us the Conrad comes out on top (except for Thalasso's postcard lagoon/mountain views).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.