Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accelerate requirement in wrong Region / Continent?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
Accelerate requirement in wrong Region / Continent?

I felt tricked / robbed by IHG. In Q3 Accelerate 2017, one offer was to
Earn 2,800 bonus points when you complete 2 Your Rate Bonus Points Package stay(s).
which would have also been the final challenge for my achievement bonus. When an (IMHO) qualifying stay didn't count and I requested customer service to credit it, they made me aware of the Ts&Cs stating
(...)rate Stays have been consumed by the member between 1 September 2017 and 31 December 2017 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Resort®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, in Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), the Middle East and Africa.
Note that I am residing in Germany and rarely travel to those regions.
Also worth noting that 1 out of 2 stays in Germany did in fact count towards this promo.

Looks like they're trying the same thing again as I've just spotted the very same challenge (2x Your Rate in Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), the Middle East and Africa) in Q1 Accelerate.

Did anyone face similar issues / hidden Ts & Cs?

Just about to make a few bookings and almost went for the Your Rate Package, but I feel IHG is taking the piss.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:43 am

Did the other bonus point package track?

I have the same terms as you - almost certainly due to an IHG glitch - and all 4 bonus point packages paid out for U.K hotels. I also suspect, if not everybody, most people here had the same terms for this offer and are oblivious.

The problem you have then is because the IHG customer services have no common sense, and so to them it makes perfect sense why it didn't track, rather than somebody wrote the wrong terms and conditions and you have separate issue that needs manually fixing by them.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raph
Looks like they're trying the same thing again as I've just spotted the very same challenge (2x Your Rate in Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), the Middle East and Africa) in Q1 Accelerate.

Yes, see posts 103 and 138 in the main Accelerate Q1 2018 thread.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:48 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
It is not a new issue. In some past promos I've had tasks that require stays a long way from both my location and also from anywhere I stay at with IHG.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by raph
I felt tricked / robbed by IHG. In Q3 Accelerate 2017, one offer was to

which would have also been the final challenge for my achievement bonus. When an (IMHO) qualifying stay didn't count and I requested customer service to credit it, they made me aware of the Ts&Cs stating

Note that I am residing in Germany and rarely travel to those regions.
Also worth noting that 1 out of 2 stays in Germany did in fact count towards this promo.

Just about to make a few bookings and almost went for the Your Rate Package, but I feel IHG is taking the piss.
Same thing with me. Ever since I stayed in one Holiday Inn Express property in Hong Kong last year for 2 nights, they've deemed it ok to add Asia hurdles to my challenges even though I don't venture out that region often. If I had known that stay would have triggered this, I would have opted to stay at a non-IHG property instead (shakes fist at IHG promotions department). Don't they realize some people like to travel to destinations once for vacation and move onto other places rather than visiting the same destination/region repeatedly???
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mastermc54
Same thing with me. Ever since I stayed in one Holiday Inn Express property in Hong Kong last year for 2 nights, they've deemed it ok to add Asia hurdles to my challenges even though I don't venture out that region often. If I had known that stay would have triggered this, I would have opted to stay at a non-IHG property instead (shakes fist at IHG promotions department). Don't they realize some people like to travel to destinations once for vacation and move onto other places rather than visiting the same destination/region repeatedly???
Not actually to do with an Asia night by you in the first place at all.

Accelerate bonus are usually 5/7 or 6/8 tasks, and IHG are trying to get you to give IHG more stays. I get eg stay 8 nights for 10k in Asia (my current acct address) which is poor *1250pts/night) AND stay 1x night in Europe for 18000points for Accelerator 1Q2018. For older Accelerators apart from Asia and europe, I hot USA/Americas task despite never saying outside Europe/Asia
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:46 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Weird travel places based on accelerate/crack the case have been there from the start, I have had Indigo/Staybridge requirements where the nearest one was London or Abu Dhabi at the time, both places I had yet to get anywhere near.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.