Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kimpton Status, Award Nights and Points Transferring Over

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Our concerns are apparently secondary to those of Kimpton elites in this merger.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Our concerns are apparently secondary to those of Kimpton elites in this merger.
Many of us just got top tier status for 14 stays... We are like kids in a candy shop.

I am also anxiously awaiting the ability to book Kimpton stays on IHG site. I don't really want to count on booking Kimpton stays for things like Accelerate promos until I can do it on the IHG website.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:01 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mpw81
Many of us just got top tier status for 14 stays... We are like kids in a candy shop
Don't get too excited too quickly... as someone who was both, I have to warn you that Spire at IHG properties is nothing like IC at Kimptons.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:38 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
I was one stay short of free night and was expecting the 6 nights to be converted to IHG points. Was pleasantly surprised to see this note in my Kimpton account:

“We noticed you were just one stay away from a free night so we added a bonus stay. Enjoy your free night! You can redeem at a Kimpton hotel now by calling 888.695.4678 or at any IHG® Hotel after you receive your new IHG Rewards Club account details.”

Nice gesture. I made IC this year as well.
dw likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:10 pm
dw

Originally Posted by dw
Same here, 1 award night short.
My missing Kimpton Karma award night posted to my IHG account today
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:02 pm

I had 4 nights, now only have 1...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
I had 3, only 2 were showing initially and now all 3 are showing.

Side note... the IHG site was showing Kimptons, but just included a link to book on Kimpton.com. The website now says the Nashville Aertson doesn't have availability for the dates you are looking for (I selected a few dates, near and far out). Wondering if they are now setup, just need inventory loaded. Seems like progress. I didn't check other properties.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:20 am
dw

Received quite a shock this morning when I called the Kimpton Inner Circle line (which according to the Kimpton website is supposed to be surviving in some form as the "VIP Dedicated Phone Line") and heard it answered as "IHG Customer Care". However, based on the call (vs my interactions with IHG, even the Ambassador line) I do think the person helping me was ex-Kimpton as he was (a) extremely friendly, (b) seemed to be located on-shore (which is rarely the case in my experience with IHG phone agents) and (c) seemed fairly knowledgeable about Kimpton, which I wouldn't expect for a non-Kimpton agent on the first day of integration.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Am I the only one that thinks its ridiculous that Kimpton free nights cannot be used yet for IHG properties. Shouldn't it be the same coding as the credit card free night that already exists?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:59 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I’m now seeing my Kimpton reservations for future stays listed in the IHG app so that’s a positive sign. Looks like I can book Kimptons in the App as well. The Kimpton website booking engine also seems to be migrating to IHG.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 10, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
Am I the only one that thinks its ridiculous that Kimpton free nights cannot be used yet for IHG properties. Shouldn't it be the same coding as the credit card free night that already exists?
I thought that we'd be able to use them anywhere as well, but since I want to continue to stay at Kimptons I guess that's fine... just have a lot (7) to use.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Are you sure the property has availability?

I was able to use one of my free Kimpton nights for the CP City in London. In fact, it let me book a suite for free.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One of my upcoming Kimpton stays is missing from my upcoming "stays and events" page, but the other two are there. But I can find the missing stay when I search by confirmation number, even though it's a Kimpton confirmation and not an IHG confirmation. Bizzare.

And then when I went to look at the stay details, it cancelled the reservation!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
How did you book using the kimpton free night? online? Is it correct that if a hotel has rooms available on points the free night certificates should have availability?
thanks
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called the old Kimpton Karma number and had a very nice chat with an IHG Customer Care rep, based in the US. He was not ex-Kimpton, but said he's been amazed at how friendly the staff at the various Kimptons have been when he's called to check on various issues. They had duplicated my reservation but had forgotten to link the new IHG number into it, and he had them take care of it.

How did you book using the kimpton free night? online? Is it correct that if a hotel has rooms available on points the free night certificates should have availability?
thanks
Online, and yes. If I remember correctly, there's a link in your account details to your free nights, and then you pick the free night and say you want to use it, and then you search for a property. The CP London City was 50k/night without the free night certificate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.