Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2017 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2018 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:54 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Perhaps but a lot of the old 5K junk is now 10K
the new 5K stuff is just horrible.
and the 15K stuff had an avg room rate of around 150usd anyways.
No reason to collect these points anymore in my estimation, now priority club or whatever they wanna call it now, joins HHonors in the dust bin of history.

Originally Posted by stigs
First list in a couple years with multiple solid offerings for Canada, with the two largest cities covered.

New HI in downtown Montreal for 15K (vs usual 30K) was a bargain.

New HIX 10km west of Pearson in Toronto for 10K (vs 20K) another great deal.

Off the beaten path, the SS in London, ON is very nice, and an excellent value at 10K (vs 20K).

I'll gladly pay 10K - 15K if it means more newer, quality hotels near the action vs worn-down roadstop highway CS for 5K.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Sounds like Dąbrowa Górnicza in May 2017. Out of the way, but a local bus ride away from Katowice and Krakow not too far away; new and good staff, but unless you were in that part of Poland not much use to most of us. Not surprisingly, one of few properties still available all the way to the end of promotion. IIRC got upgraded at checkin
I do think the HI Dabrowa Gornicza is a nice hotel, but unless you want to hit the water park next to it, man, is it out of way... If it wasn't for Accelerate, I don't see why I would ever choose to stay there.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
The last Pointbreak promotion ended in July. We are now in September. When will the next Pointbreak be announced?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by happychic
The last Pointbreak promotion ended in July. We are now in September. When will the next Pointbreak be announced?
Since the current PointBreaks list is valid only through September, I expect that a new list will go up sometime during the last week of this month.
happychic likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I would actually expect it end of October. Every 3 months, one month displaced, so that the next one would come at the end of January. But Accelerate was a bit weird this year, so you never know.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:36 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
I would actually expect it end of October. Every 3 months, one month displaced, so that the next one would come at the end of January. But Accelerate was a bit weird this year, so you never know.
IHG threw a curveball as noted upthread:

Originally Posted by IHG.com

valid for booking through September 30th, 2018
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:56 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:37 am
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mster
Is the most likely debut for a new Pointbreaks list September 24th?
The first week of October is a crazy holiday period for China and Japan. My bet is the preview list on 28th September and booking starts 1st October.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:21 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:37 am
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I could utilise a London PB hotel 1-9 October, but recent history for 5k PB is just HIE's Croydon & Dartford, which were recently offered

I noted the new 5/10/15k PB Selection seems to be based on 50% off the normal pts per hotel and not nightly rates, though still taking seasonal popularity of hotels loation into it. ie 5k PB = 10/15K Hotel, 10 PB = 20/25K Hotel, 15K PB = 30k and the ODD 35/40k Hotel

Trouble is after JAN2018 Revaluations (many jumped 10k even if low 20/25/30k pre Jan18), the majority (all sometimes even) of hotels in (and around) major towns+cities are > 30k . so won't be on PB even at new 15k pb level

Within 10miles hyde park corner (not all work for me)
Holiday Inn Express, London Chingford-Nth Circular
Holiday Inn Express, London - Ealing

Holiday Inn, London - West
Holiday Inn Express, London - Wimbledon South
Holiday Inn Express, London - Golders Green (A406)
Holiday Inn, London - Wembley
Holiday Inn Express, London - Croydon

Holiday Inn Express, London - Limehouse
Holiday Inn Express, London - Wandsworth
Holiday Inn, London - Brent Cross
Holiday Inn, London - Brentford Lock

there are a bunch normally 35k within 7.5 miles but not hopeful
Holiday Inn Express, London - Southwark
Holiday Inn, London - Oxford Circus
Crowne Plaza, London - Kings Cross
Holiday Inn Express, London - Vauxhall Nine Elms
Holiday Inn, London - Whitechapel
Holiday Inn Express, London - Earl's Court
Holiday Inn Express, London - Swiss Cottage
Holiday Inn Express, London - Hammersmith
Holiday Inn Express, London - Stratford
Holiday Inn Express, London - Park Royal
Holiday Inn, London - Stratford City
Holiday Inn Express, London-Royal Docks, Docklands
Holiday Inn Express, London - Greenwich
Holiday Inn Express, London - ExCeL
Crowne Plaza, London - Ealing
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: NZ
Next PB list coming on 24 September (through 30 November) according to Loyalty Lobby.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/09/20/...h-november-30/
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mster
No word about a preview yet. Starting to think the next list could actually go live 1st October like you said. Maybe even 29th October (for November-January).
IHG Rewards Club will launch on Monday new PointBreaks hotels at 5,000, 10,000 and 15,000 points per night for September 24 – November 30, 2018
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
IHG Rewards Club will launch on Monday new PointBreaks hotels at 5,000, 10,000 and 15,000 points per night for September 24 – November 30, 2018
saw that, wish they would stop with this nonsense of no previews and also 2 months.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Oh damn, I am going to be in and out of airports all day Monday, leaving home at 05h45, reaching my destination at 03h00 the following morning. I reckon I will be out of the running for anything this time. I hope you lot get something out of it this time. Most of my travel is sorted for this period anyway, and one place where it is not sorted, Mallorca, has no IHG hotels anyway. Actually, I've never understood the absence of IHG in the Balearics and Canaries as well as Scandinavia.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Oh damn, I am going to be in and out of airports all day Monday...
Don't worry, the mad rush has long been unnecessary. You'll have close to 2 full months to look at that list, just like the prior ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.