Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2018 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focuse on those promotions, which are not general quartely promotions, but e.g. run by individual hotel, chains or regions. The promotion thread for 2017 could be found here

We want to highlight, that you can only register for the promotion which you are targeted for. For further reference we would like to draw your attention to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ion-codes.html

Big Promotions

IHG Accelerate Promotion (January 01 - April 30)
This promotion is discussed in this thread

Special Promotions

List of hotel offering bonus points
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...X-MHR-BPP.html

Not always worth the extra money. But usually thise bonus points count as "qualification points".
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Point purchase up to 80% bonus. Valid through May 31, 2018. Offer here.

Old May 17, 2018, 3:56 pm

I am registered for the Accelerate promotion, ans have a question.

My requirements are:

stay once
stay six nights
stay at least once at InterContinental
stay at leeast once in the month of may.

My question is, can these requirements be met concurrently, or must they all be separate stays?

i.e. would a single, six night stay at InterContinental this month satisfy all requirements simultaneously, and thereby complete the entire promotional offer?
Old May 18, 2018, 8:46 am

If I prepay for a stay outside the promotion period, would it count for this promotional period?
Old May 18, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Save for the tasks that involve using points, buying points, and points+cash stays, one stay can satisfy multiple Accelerate criteria, so the 6 nights t an IC in May checks off that whole list.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 6:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by MadMadso
If I prepay for a stay outside the promotion period, would it count for this promotional period?
Not sure which promo you are referring to (Accelerate?). IHG promos require stays (i.e. nights in the hotel) in the defined promo period. Some require booking in a defined period, while others include bookings made at any time as long as the stay is in the defined period.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I have a real problem with the challenges for the Accelerate promotion: They always ask me to complete the challenge with stays at the Holiday Inns or Holiday Inns Express!! Something I hate to do.

Is there any way to let IHG change that pattern with the challenges that are selected for me?
Old May 21, 2018, 1:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
I wish there was, I’m getting really p155ed off with challenges to use the credit card I no longer have!
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I couldn't find this anywhere, but since I've finished Accelerate I decided to sign up for the 3x AA miles promo:
https://aadvantage.ihgrewardsclub.co...9&offerId=AA01

Anyone else signed up? My 2X miles posted pretty quickly, but I guess I need to wait 4 to 6 weeks per the Ts and Cs to get the extra 3X.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by bworrell
I couldn't find this anywhere, but since I've finished Accelerate I decided to sign up for the 3x AA miles promo:

Anyone else signed up? My 2X miles posted pretty quickly, but I guess I need to wait 4 to 6 weeks per the Ts and Cs to get the extra 3X.
Is this offer targeted, or can anyone sign up?

I am currently enrolled in Accellerate and an AMEA promotion. Do I need to keep my earning preference as points until those offered are completed? Or, can I switch to the AA mile promotion now? i.e. If I switch to AA mile earning for my hotel spend, will I still receive the IHG bonus points for Accelerate and AMEA promotions, or are those things mutually exclusive?

I really value AA miles more, but I do not want to sign up if this offer is mutually exclusive and will invalidate the other promotions.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Special offer: Earn 3,000+ points on Hertz rentals

An offer from IHG Hotels (for anyone hiring a vehicle with Hertz):

* 3,000 IHG® Rewards Club points, plus
* 500 points per day for Elite members
* 125 points per day for Club members
* Up to 35% savings

www.ihg.com/trip-extras/us/en/car/add

Book by 31 July 2018
Rent until 31 July 2018

Note:
* Rental must be booked through this site.
* Advance reservation required.
* CDP 22754 and PC 203756 must be included in the reservation
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by bworrell

Just a datapoint for everyone. My 2X miles posted on 5/22 and 5/24, just 2 days after each stay. The extra 4X posted on 6/5 as one lump sum.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Is this offer targeted, or can anyone sign up?

I am currently enrolled in Accellerate and an AMEA promotion. Do I need to keep my earning preference as points until those offered are completed? Or, can I switch to the AA mile promotion now? i.e. If I switch to AA mile earning for my hotel spend, will I still receive the IHG bonus points for Accelerate and AMEA promotions, or are those things mutually exclusive?

I really value AA miles more, but I do not want to sign up if this offer is mutually exclusive and will invalidate the other promotions.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry to bump this question again.

Will signing up for the AA miles promotion and setting my “earning preference” to miles afftect my currently enrolled Accelerate and AMEA bonus point promotions?

i.e. are they mutually exclusive or compatible/“stackable”?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Sorry to bump this question again.

Will signing up for the AA miles promotion and setting my “earning preference” to miles afftect my currently enrolled Accelerate and AMEA bonus point promotions?

i.e. are they mutually exclusive or compatible/“stackable”?
For Accelerate you could be ok as the T&C's state "IHG Rewards Club Members with a Miles earning preference will earn Points". However, the Book Direct T&C's do not mention anything about members with a miles earning preference so you may not get anything if you were to switch (to miles earning).
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
IHG points for 0.5c and UA miles for 1.67c

Until 15 June, there's a 100% bonus when buying IHG points. That makes them 0.5c/pt so long as you buy 26k+. (i.e. 52k+ after bonus)

Until 30 June, there's a 50% bonus when transferring IHG points to United miles. You earn 3k UA miles per 10k IHG, instead of the usual 2k. That makes them 1.67c/mile.

If you have a bonus for buying points in the current quarter's Accelerate, then it's even a tiny bit cheaper.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Expat_852
An offer from IHG Hotels (for anyone hiring a vehicle with Hertz):

* 3,000 IHG® Rewards Club points, plus
* 500 points per day for Elite members
* 125 points per day for Club members
* Up to 35% savings

www.ihg.com/trip-extras/us/en/car/add

Book by 31 July 2018
Rent until 31 July 2018

Note:
* Rental must be booked through this site.
* Advance reservation required.
* CDP 22754 and PC 203756 must be included in the reservation
Is this for US rentals only? I can't find any locations in the UK!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.