Wiki Posts
Search

HIX UK Breakfast

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club Platinum
Smile HIX UK Breakfast

Is there now a general option for bacon at breakfast across HIX in UK?
Hav'nt seen before but experienced at HIX Minster recently - so this was a welcome extra.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by justdennis
Is there now a general option for bacon at breakfast across HIX in UK?
Hav'nt seen before but experienced at HIX Minster recently - so this was a welcome extra.
I think the majority of them now have it.

It seems to be getting introduced at the same time as the breakfast areas are refreshed.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:57 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I stayed at Minster and it was ok, but half of the time the bacon (and especially the eggs) looks disgusting and I don't take any.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by :D!
I stayed at Minster and it was ok, but half of the time the bacon (and especially the eggs) looks disgusting and I don't take any.
At HIX's in the USA, as with similar midline-with-complimentary-breakfast hotels in other programs (Hampton in Hilton Honors, Fairfield in Marriott Rewards, etc), I stay away from all the prepared hot food items, because the eggs are always powdered egg yuck, and I presume the meats are similarly "taken apart and put back together again" somehow .

The only eggs I eat at HIX USA are the hard-boiled eggs in the mini-fridge. Do they have those at HIX UK?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: IHG
The UK Gen4 HIX hotels have a different, wider breakfast offering to the hotels that are on other generations.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
At HIX's in the USA, as with similar midline-with-complimentary-breakfast hotels in other programs (Hampton in Hilton Honors, Fairfield in Marriott Rewards, etc), I stay away from all the prepared hot food items, because the eggs are always powdered egg yuck, and I presume the meats are similarly "taken apart and put back together again" somehow .

The only eggs I eat at HIX USA are the hard-boiled eggs in the mini-fridge. Do they have those at HIX UK?
I can’t recall ever seeing boiled eggs here in the UK although the scrambled eggs are the same powdered yuck.

I think IHG Just tell them they must provide X, Y and Z but the hotels can then choose their own supplier so the meat items vary between vile and great.

Originally Posted by JustinIreland
The UK Gen4 HIX hotels have a different, wider breakfast offering to the hotels that are on other generations.
It’s being rolled out to them all, started way back at Easter IIRC. The breakfast servery area is being refreshed and there will be the same offering and POS/Signage (Bring home the bacon etc) in all properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.