Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG autumn flash sale started (?)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
IHG autumn flash sale started (?)

Is anyone able to book this promo? I am not (app or ihg.com both no special rates available)

Our 6-day Autumn Flash Sale is approaching!
Rooms from £39 for stays between 1st December 2017 and 28th February 2018.
Exclusive early-bird access to IHG® App users for the opportunity to book great deals before everyone else on 31st October and 1st November. The sale is open for everyone booking on the IHG® Website and IHG® App from 2nd November until 5th November.
Secure your bargain getaway and download the IHG® App today!

German link:
https://www.ihg.com/content/de/de/de.../autumnlto_app

UK link:
http://www.hiedinburghcitywesthotel....mn-flash-sale/

Last edited by krausolany; Oct 31, 2017 at 10:55 am Reason: added UK link
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:11 pm

I haven't been able to find any working examples, looking at various dates early February in London and Turkey. I did find a "Flash Sale" rate at the IC Istanbul through the app, but I don't recall seeing that on the listed hotels in the first place!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:18 pm

It appeared on my app messages this morning. Had a look at the properties I’ve got flexible reservations for currently but nothing was shown.

Haven’t had time yet to look further than that.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
European-only, right?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Did you look at the short and odd list of participating properties on the HI Edinburgh page?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Did you look at the short and odd list of participating properties on the HI Edinburgh page?
Yes, I did. It is possible to select the hotels in the different categories (39 Euro, 59 Euro, 79 Euro, 99 Euro), then you select the participating Hotel and NO date is available with these rates. Normally the system shows the specific rate Code, i.e. "autumn Flash sale rate", but this also is not available.

I would contact customer service if that would not be such an IHG nightmare
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:00 am
Original Poster

just contacted IHG customer service in Germany. They have not heard of this sale nor are they able to book the rate ... unbelievable, but hey, it's IHG :-(

They asked me to call again tonight.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
European-only, right?
yes, it should be 600 hotels in Europe
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Now it seems to work. I was just able to make some HI bookings in Germany using the IHG app.

^
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:30 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Thanks for reporting, guys! Last night, I was looking at a bunch of properties supposed to participate in the sale but couldn't find the sales rate anywhere.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Only on the app today. On desktop from tomorrow. 600 European hotels in it, no IC.

Some good London deals, eg CP City and CP Kensington at £99.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
I am confused about this flash sale as when ever I go to look for a booking they are only showing the full price. For instance, it states on the flash sale page that Vienna is in the 79 Euros category but when I only to book my dates 915-17 Dec), I get a rate of 112 Euros. Can anyone clarify why this is?

Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
I am confused about this flash sale as when ever I go to look for a booking they are only showing the full price. For instance, it states on the flash sale page that Vienna is in the 79 Euros category but when I only to book my dates 915-17 Dec), I get a rate of 112 Euros. Can anyone clarify why this is?

Thanks
The rate is simply not available on your requested dates.
Vienna is well booked and expensive on the weekends before christmas, so no need for IHG / the specific hotel to allow the "flash sale" rate code.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:31 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
So, I booked a stay in London under this rate. The points didn't post automatically so I had to fill out the missing points form. Now IHG support claims this rate is non-qualifying.

That seems ridiculous but does anybody have the rules regarding this flash sale? Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 1flyer
So, I booked a stay in London under this rate. The points didn't post automatically so I had to fill out the missing points form. Now IHG support claims this rate is non-qualifying.

That seems ridiculous but does anybody have the rules regarding this flash sale? Thanks.
I don't have any rules as such, but I have a booking for this sale to stay on the night of 1 Feb and when I look at the booking on the website it tells me how many points i am going to earn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.