Wiki Posts
Search

Can I use husbands points to buy ambassador membership for me

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Can I use husbands points to buy ambassador membership for me

It's been a few years since I had ambassador status and am wondering if we can use some of my husband's points to buy ambassador for me. The bogo would be of use to us and we have a bulk of points that we should use on his account.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:59 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by Susiew237
It's been a few years since I had ambassador status and am wondering if we can use some of my husband's points to buy ambassador for me. The bogo would be of use to us and we have a bulk of points that we should use on his account.
IHG does not allow "points pooling" like some of the other points programs out there such as Hilton. And there is no way for your husband to directly upgrade your IHG account.

They do offer a transfer option, but at the rate of $5 per 1,000 points it doesn't make sense value wise.

IHG does accept payment in the form of credit card though haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.