Search

IHG's brand portfolio

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

IHG's brand portfolio

IHG has lifestyle: indigo,

Crown Plaza , competing with other signature brand marriott, hilton Hyatt..

upper Upscale IC competing with JWM , Conrad, Grand Hyatt..

So it looks like IHG missing a luxury brand to match with Marriott's St Regis, Ritz, Hyatt's Park, Hilton's WA...

Which brand of IHG group can promote to compete with or should they make a new one?
submonte likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Nothing about IHG is luxury.
Srisarin and Land-of-Miles like this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
There is no Marriott St Regis.
If there were you'd be able to book any St Regis on Marriott.com (but you can't)

Originally Posted by Vince Chan

So it looks like IHG missing a luxury brand to match with Marriott's St Regis, Ritz, Hyatt's Park, Hilton's WA...

Which brand of IHG group can promote to compete with or should they make a new one?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Srisarin
If there were you'd be able to book any St Regis on Marriott.com (but you can't)
+1
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:48 pm

Marriott owns Starwood who owns St. Regis.

Now we have yet another IHG brand, Avid Hotels. They barely got Even Hotels off the ground, and now they're launching yet another mid-market brand.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:03 pm
Suspended

If that's true then I should be able to make a St. Regis reservation on either Marriott.com or by calling Marriott reservations - but neither will be successful, but let us know when you can

[QUOTE=TTT103;28871364]Marriott owns Starwood who owns St. Regis]
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

whatever, who cares? Everyone knows Marriott own's starwood now , whoever love to play those kind of words game are suggested to go for regular help from professional side.

Rare to see.

That's my bottom line, no one here really cares about that or what you would response. As it's not our topic and normal people would not pay that much attention to those kind of things as you did, always.
submonte likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Where do you put Kimpton? Not The Ritz, but not Crown Plaza either.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Where do you put Kimpton? Not The Ritz, but not Crown Plaza either.
nowhere in the context of this conversation because you cannot use IHG points to book Kimpton. You cannot get IHG points for a stay at Kimpton or vice versa. Its only IHG by name and not by any action or real alliance.

And you have to go to Kimpton.com to make the reservation

As far as quality I believe it to be superior to a CP and more along the lines of an IC but usually a bit more unique and not as cookie cutter.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by eggzlot
nowhere in the context of this conversation because you cannot use IHG points to book Kimpton. You cannot get IHG points for a stay at Kimpton or vice versa. Its only IHG by name and not by any action or real alliance.

And you have to go to Kimpton.com to make the reservation

As far as quality I believe it to be superior to a CP and more along the lines of an IC but usually a bit more unique and not as cookie cutter.
Kimpton Amsterdam participates in IHG Rewards Club and can be booked with IHG points.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Vince Chan is right I would say. It is now Marriottīs St. Regis, even if Starwood is a subsidiary and we are used to St. Regis as a Starwood brand. One just has to look at the brand portfolio on marriott.com. Itīs a Marriott.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Kimpton is slated to be a part of the IHG rewards program. As per usual with IHG IT, it takes a lot longer.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:49 pm
Suspended

And when United bought Continental, Delta bought Northwest and Hilton bought Scandic (etc) those flights/rooms integrated into the buyers website and you could book those flights/rooms only on the parent buyer, but today if you want to stay at any St Regis try and book it either online or by phone via Marriott and while you're at the St Regis try demanding Marriott Reward points for your stay - good luck on all accounts

And don't get me started on Air Berlin still being shown as part of One World !!

Originally Posted by submonte
Vince Chan is right I would say. It is now Marriottīs St. Regis, even if Starwood is a subsidiary and we are used to St. Regis as a Starwood brand. One just has to look at the brand portfolio on marriott.com. Itīs a Marriott.

Last edited by Srisarin; Sep 29, 2017 at 9:55 pm
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Vince Chan

I read the OP's observations and question over and over again and asked myself what is new this time. I finally see something new and refreshing. It appears that the OP now considers Conrad to be upper upscale and not luxury.

By the way, there is a thread on new Hilton brands (on the Hilton forum of course) and I find that to be more interesting.
Srisarin likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by submonte

Appreciated, but I think she knew it, everyone knows it. Some people don't want to talk, just try every possible way to argue and disagree , for whatever the reason or problem that individual had. Don't waste time on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.