Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye IC Times Square (Update: IHG won)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG
Goodbye IC Times Square (Update: IHG won)

Looks like a bit of a fight going on between IHG and the owners of this property, which make it look likely that the property will be de-flagged..

https://www.law360.com/hospitality/a...forced-or-175m
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
Sucks, I have it booked for New Years Eve, gonna have to book a backup I guess. Thanks for sharing.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I have a one-night stay booked for October 10 at this property. Any idea what the exit time frame would be? Should I rebook at the IC Barclay instead? (I must have the 4PM Ambassador checkout as my flight doesn't depart until 8PM.)
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:56 am
Original Poster

I wouldn't worry yet. As with most legal issues, these things tend to take time. If it does happen, I would guess that it would be well into next year.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Next hearing is Nov 14

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbe...==&system=prod
Old May 7, 2018, 7:30 am

Is there any news on this? I just "experienced" that the hotel does deny virtually all RA benefits (room upgrades above sky view corner, welcome amenity,...) and again there is no GM in the hotel. Sad to see this terrible developement of this otherwise quite nice location!
Old May 7, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
The new $30 a day resort fee means I'll be looking elsewhere anyway.
Roger and Caribgrl like this.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Looks like a preliminary injunction has been granted to IHG to prevent the landlord terminating the management contract. This is being appealed.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/web...Aa%2Fepw%3D%3D

Guess this has a long way to run yet .....

EDIT: The above link may not work. Alternatively to locate the court filings:

1. go to https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/CaseSearch
2. click "search as a guest"
3. Enter case number "655914/2017"

Next set of filings are due May, 14

Last edited by Physci; May 11, 2018 at 2:45 am
Old May 8, 2018, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Fun_Flyer
just "experienced" that the hotel does deny virtually all RA benefits (room upgrades above sky view corner, welcome amenity,...)
I'm surprised. As a humble Spire AMB (not RA) I've always had decent upgrades there, including to the Sky View Studios.
Old May 8, 2018, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by chistery
Unfortunately this is slowly becoming standard in NYC, at least with the chain hotels including IHG (CP TS implemented it way before the IC did) and Hilton.

The $30 at the IC does including daily $25 food credit and $15 daily laundry or dry cleaning credit, local and international calls, free Gulliver Gate museum pass (highly recommended) and a couple of other things so while I'm not happy about it, you seem to at least get far better value here than the resort fees you'll pay at your average Vegas hotel.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by chistery
Good luck with that as it is now more and more common in NYC as clubman already said! Numerous reports of other hotels charging and I was just at the Westin TS this past weekend and they charge $25 per night. And worst of all....they charge TAX on the darn destination fee as well! Added another $4 to our charge at the Westin so essentially $29 per night.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:02 am

I’m here at the IC Tiles Square presently. Checked in yesterday around 11 AM as a Royal Ambassador. They offered to take my bags and call me when a room became available. I reminded them of the guaranteed 8 AM check in for RA and they said “Benefits vary by property and here that’s based on availability.” But — she added — she would try to find something. She disappeared and came back after a few minutes and checked me in to a Sky View King room. I used to get better upgrades here, with incredible views of TS— not anymore, I guess. The rate was extremely good so I can’t complain. The lawsuit papers previously cited mention an occupancy rate of 97 or 98%, so I guess they feel like they can do what they wish. We check in to the Barclay IC Friday for our last night in the city and I can’t wait. There really is no reason for RAs to pick IC TS now that Barclay has reopened.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trevor.h
I’m here at the IC Tiles Square presently. Checked in yesterday around 11 AM as a Royal Ambassador. They offered to take my bags and call me when a room became available. I reminded them of the guaranteed 8 AM check in for RA and they said “Benefits vary by property and here that’s based on availability.” But — she added — she would try to find something. She disappeared and came back after a few minutes and checked me in to a Sky View King room. I used to get better upgrades here, with incredible views of TS— not anymore, I guess. The rate was extremely good so I can’t complain. The lawsuit papers previously cited mention an occupancy rate of 97 or 98%, so I guess they feel like they can do what they wish. We check in to the Barclay IC Friday for our last night in the city and I can’t wait. There really is no reason for RAs to pick IC TS now that Barclay has reopened.
Benefits vary by property? No, it's a guaranteed benefit, and she's lying. I hope you find it better at the Barclay, because the reports since re-opening have been less than stellar, in spite of the recent change of GM. Lots of room categories that are essentially the same room renamed, in order to confuse and undermine the upgrade system. Very poor.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:01 am

I’ve stayed at the Barclay a half dozen times since they opened. At the beginning, they were offensively strict about 2-category room upgrades (with, as you say, a ridiculous stratification of categories of very similar rooms) but that seems to have relaxed. What really sells it for me is the lounge. I get great value of it as I’m here for leisure so no meals expensed.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by physci
looks like a preliminary injunction has been granted to ihg to prevent the landlord terminating the management contract. This is being appealed.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/web...aa%2fepw%3d%3d

guess this has a long way to run yet .....
expired link ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.