Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus points package for Accelerate promotion?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Bonus points package for Accelerate promotion?

I am booking a Holiday Inn Express hotel to satisfy one task of my accelerate promotion that requires a reservation with bonus points package.

At the booking page, I saw two "bonus points" options with different points and price. I am wondering if both are considered bonus points package?

This is the first one:

This is the second one:

Thank you,
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
If your dashboard says: "Earn xxx bonus points when you complete x Your Rate Bonus Points Package stay(s). " then it is the second one. 5.000 Bonus point package will not earn you points for this task. Learned the hard way as it has happened to me last time.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dimon84
If your dashboard says: "Earn xxx bonus points when you complete x Your Rate Bonus Points Package stay(s). " then it is the second one. 5.000 Bonus point package will not earn you points for this task. Learned the hard way as it has happened to me last time.
Here is the text from my dashboard

"Earn xx bonus points when you book yy Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster."

If you said is true, it is completely misleading from IHG. The first one is literally called "bonus points package"
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by godsquare
Here is the text from my dashboard

"Earn xx bonus points when you book yy Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster."

If you said is true, it is completely misleading from IHG. The first one is literally called "bonus points package"
If that's what's written the first one will definitely work and register properly for your offer. You are looking for a rate with Bonus points package in the description.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chrism20
If that's what's written the first one will definitely work and register properly for your offer. You are looking for a rate with Bonus points package in the description.
YMMV. Whilst you are technically correct and can usually argue the point after the fact if necessary, the only 100% infallible way of dealing with IHG IT issues is to book the package that comes with the logo. That's the one that is coded to be automatically picked up by Accelerate. (the other one may well be coded correctly as well)
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
YMMV. Whilst you are technically correct and can usually argue the point after the fact if necessary, the only 100% infallible way of dealing with IHG IT issues is to book the package that comes with the logo. That's the one that is coded to be automatically picked up by Accelerate. (the other one may well be coded correctly as well)
Indeed it may vary for others. I can only comment on experience with my other halfs account for this promotion which had the same blurb. The reservation booked by me for her was a 5k bonus points package without any pictures and it posted on Tuesday to her dashboard.

As you mention other people's experience may vary.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:48 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
What do the terms and conditions of the individual offer say, devil in the detail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.