Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Lewis42
Wiki to show RA Award treatment at IC's under new 2017 IHG-RA Program
(If IC lacks Club or Club Experience notate as 'n/a', not 'no' )

Old thread for reference:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/465945-list-ic-hotels-respect-ra-benefits-award-stays-49.html#post28770323

Europe
o IC AMSTEL : UPGRADE = NO, CLUB EXPERIENCE = NO, MINBAR = UNSURE
o IC DUBLIN : UPGRADE = YES, CLUB = N/A , MINBAR = YES
o IC LONDON O2 : UPGRADE = YES, CLUB = YES, MINBAR = YES

Asia
o IC BALI : UPGRADE = YES, CLUB = YES, MINBAR = YES
o IC PATTAYA : UPGRADE = YES, CLUB = YES, MINBAR = YES
o IC TOKYO (ANA) : UPGRADE = NO, CLUB = NO, MINBAR = NO

Americas
o IC WILLARD (DC) : UPGRADE = YES, CLUB = NO, MINBAR = NO

MIddle East
Print Wikipost

New 2017+ list of ICs that award RA benefits on award stays

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:23 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Raynyan
All Tokyo ICs are depends on stay history.
Not really. I've been to the ANA let's say ... 10-15 times this year and they still follow the rules religiously. Sometimes I will get annoyed and summon the duty FOM, and demand a better upgrade and they'll complain and sometimes do it. Usually they'll point out they're following the rules. It's really very annoying. However, JUST ONCE I got the Japanese suite. It was nice.

Unless you can recommend a better way ... I'm back again this week and next.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Not really. I've been to the ANA let's say ... 10-15 times this year
You need to stay at least 30 paid nights in annual to claim the upgrade in Reward Night.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:27 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Raynyan
You need to stay at least 30 paid nights in annual to claim the upgrade in Reward Night.
Ive done more than 30 this year. When I said 10-15 times I meant like 5 days at a time I'll have to ask about reward nights. i wish they would honour more than the 2 cat upgrade on paid stays ... but this is outside the scope of this thread.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Ive done more than 30 this year. When I said 10-15 times I meant like 5 days at a time I'll have to ask about reward nights. i wish they would honour more than the 2 cat upgrade on paid stays ... but this is outside the scope of this thread.
Please note Premier room is maximum.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: IHG
Staying at ANA next week. My paid rate from base room is currently showing Premier as upgrade.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
IC Geneva

have any RAs had a recent award stays at the above noted property?

comments will be much appreciated
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:05 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by scubaccr
1)Only response from a Duty Manager (which there are too many of at Amstel)

2)I had personal email 2.5 weeks after my bad stay(s) without myself having followed up with Anita from a DM (' Thomas Clausen, Duty Manager')

a)offered foc 1night RV Suite due to "agreed" poor performance by IC Amstel on my July2017 Night(s) (Noise etc , staff attitude poor etc)
quoting email
" I truly wish you are willing to give us another chance. We strive for all our guests to look back at their stay at the Amstel Hotel with warm feelings and happiness, but we failed to do so with you.
Therefore I would love to offer you a complimentary night in one of our Executive suite river view the next time you are in the city Amsterdam. Please let me know at any time if you would like make use of my offer or in case there is anything else I can do for you at this point in time. "

b)ALSO same email stated zero upgrades on ALL award nights (even if regular guest)
quoting email
"The fact is that we follow the term and conditions stated from IHG as a guideline for IHG Rewards Nights. "

NOTE
To be honest I am stilll loathe (read as - very unlikely) to return again to IC Amstel and will likely reply asking Amsel to instead give this attempted "makeup" to one of my many Amsterdam friends I have previously guested at IC Amstel.
Your experience is the complete opposite our ours. We used points for our entire stay in December 2017 (at Christmas when the hotel was full and very expensive), and we received all RA benefits -- upgrade to Executive Suite, Club Experience (amazing!), and minibar. I am left scratching my head by the difference. We had such a great stay, we are booked to return for our longest stay ever this November.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
I would be interested to know how Hong Kong IC and Singapore are for reward stays as I have around 1 million points to use but I don't like the uncertainty of not knowing what benefits I would receive if staying just on points.
I have a couple of combined points and paid stays coming up 1 in Bangkok and 1 in Hua Hin the rooms have already been given the 2 cat upgrade for the points part of the booking so far so good just hoping everything else will be included on those nights also.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by shoven
I would be interested to know how Hong Kong IC and Singapore are for reward stays as I have around 1 million points to use but I don't like the uncertainty of not knowing what benefits I would receive if staying just on points.
From what I have read, the HK IC and Singapore IC give full RA benefits on Award Stays.

I am staying at both hotels in December for several nights each and have only booked award nights because I have read that the fully RA benefits are applied.

So, I have no first hand experience yet but it is what I have learnt.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Lewis42
From what I have read, the HK IC and Singapore IC give full RA benefits on Award Stays.

I am staying at both hotels in December for several nights each and have only booked award nights because I have read that the fully RA benefits are applied.

So, I have no first hand experience yet but it is what I have learnt.

Then please remember to report back !
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
Your experience is the complete opposite our ours. We used points for our entire stay in December 2017 (at Christmas when the hotel was full and very expensive), and we received all RA benefits -- upgrade to Executive Suite, Club Experience (amazing!), and minibar. I am left scratching my head by the difference. We had such a great stay, we are booked to return for our longest stay ever this November.
Exactly why i was p***ed off so much. IC Amstel had many many nights from me, in last few years majority paid v limited number of award nights, and previously award nights were treated to same upgrade as paid and the minibar (beer/soda/water/1x wine, no spirits). The recent+temporaryClub experience not being given on award nights to RA but chargeable at discounted Ambassador rates.

Then out of the blue a non upgraded 1night transitting award stay 5pm checkin, no late checkout ( when most stays are paid,}room had no minibar, when quieried told thats what you will be getting, no upgrades blah blah on award nights here any longer.

I politely mentioned that as a frequent repeating guest, they should upgrade and inform me that future award nights will no longer get upgrades but crappy manager was not interested, in fact not just being disinterested but condescendingly rude. I walked due to combo of thhat managers demeanor/ attitude and , the terrible room and stayed at CP Zuid instead. I have not been back since and probably won't.

One of the other onsite managers belatedly tried to intervene and have me change my mind and stay, but I had already checked online and booked a CP Zuid room .
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Exactly why i was p***ed off so much. IC Amstel had many many nights from me, in last few years majority paid v limited number of award nights, and previously award nights were treated to same upgrade as paid and the minibar (beer/soda/water/1x wine, no spirits). The recent+temporaryClub experience not being given on award nights to RA but chargeable at discounted Ambassador rates.

Then out of the blue a non upgraded 1night transitting award stay 5pm checkin, no late checkout ( when most stays are paid,}room had no minibar, when quieried told thats what you will be getting, no upgrades blah blah on award nights here any longer.

I politely mentioned that as a frequent repeating guest, they should upgrade and inform me that future award nights will no longer get upgrades but crappy manager was not interested, in fact not just being disinterested but condescendingly rude. I walked due to combo of thhat managers demeanor/ attitude and , the terrible room and stayed at CP Zuid instead. I have not been back since and probably won't.

One of the other onsite managers belatedly tried to intervene and have me change my mind and stay, but I had already checked online and booked a CP Zuid room .
I would be furious if that happened to me at any of the IC's I use regularly, I get there are T&C's for RA but if you stay often and generally paid that has to be worth something to the hotel. It's my first year as an RA and I have my first points booking's coming up in July so far the app shows both getting the 2 cat upgrade so that's the first tick in the box just waiting to see if they will honour the other benefits especially Bangkok as I tend to spend a lot on F&B there on top of the paid nights.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:48 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
IC SIN

At IC SIN now on paid rate, but considering stay in Oct w/ points, so I asked about policy. Policy on points is NO upgrade, NO club, NO minibar. Will stay at Fairmont instead, as this entire RA policy is ridiculous. We are very seriously considering dropping RA after 15 years.

Last edited by The Mileage Millionaire; Jul 28, 2018 at 4:54 am Reason: Add title
Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:51 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

IC Paris Le Grand

Departed IC Paris Le Grand yesterday. Was told new policy Aug 1 for points stays will be NO upgrade, NO club, NO minbar. We will stay at the Park Hyatt on our next trip to Paris. Bye, bye IC.

Last edited by The Mileage Millionaire; Jul 28, 2018 at 4:53 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jul 28, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
Departed IC Paris Le Grand yesterday. Was told new policy Aug 1 for points stays will be NO upgrade, NO club, NO minbar. We will stay at the Park Hyatt on our next trip to Paris. Bye, bye IC.
I think they're trying to kill RA.

If you've not already been on this thread, then have a look. There's talk of removing mini-bar on paid nights as an RA benefit.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...venue-163.html

This is after devaluing the upgrade policy and culling RA numbers, while making re-qualification even more difficult.

RA is rapidly going from being the best top tier status, to the very worst.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.