Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lagos IC Looking good (no longer an IC)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2011, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Lagos IC Looking good (no longer an IC)

Drove by the Lagos IC last night. This is looking pretty good to be ready this fall. The exterior of the building is nearly complete, and moving pretty fast to get the rest done.

The hotel staff at the Eko seem to think so to, as the service has stepped up significantly due to the threats of competition.

Rates are already coming down from the 600s to the 400s with some of the other hotels that have popped up.

Maybe it will be ready for my next trip?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 4:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Have you tries Moorhouse (Sofitel) or that Southern Sun place? I lived in Eko for several months before our compound was ready so only visited the other hotels for dinner, etc.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by aragno
Have you tries Moorhouse (Sofitel) or that Southern Sun place? I lived in Eko for several months before our compound was ready so only visited the other hotels for dinner, etc.
sheraton four points is nice, but had no idea IHG had a hotel coming in Lagos.

Great info to know cheers, hopefully its near VI
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Or Ikoyi at least, but VI does have most of the restaurants.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Any updates on this property?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Would appreciate any update on this property?

If negative feelings--please suggest alternative(s).
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:13 am

will be staying there this week, reviews have not been promising
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
I have a confirmed reservation at this place for the end of the month. Checked earlier today and reservation has gone away (I got no notice etc).

Rang IHG and they are telling me the property is no longer part of IHG and is/has been re-branded (I only booked it 8 days ago so for the hotel to leave you would have thought it would have taken longer than a couple of weeks ??).

Checked the wiki on properties leaving and no mention of this ?

Any one have any news on what's happening to it ??
Old Jan 19, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
I have a confirmed reservation at this place for the end of the month. Checked earlier today and reservation has gone away (I got no notice etc).

Rang IHG and they are telling me the property is no longer part of IHG and is/has been re-branded (I only booked it 8 days ago so for the hotel to leave you would have thought it would have taken longer than a couple of weeks ??).

Checked the wiki on properties leaving and no mention of this ?

Any one have any news on what's happening to it ??
They weren't paying their fees to IHG, to cut a long story short. So, IHG pulled the plug.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
somebody in Nigeria not paying? no way

the management of the newest incarnation of the former IC Lagos just spammed me
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Yes. I rang them up last week and they confirmed my reservation was still valid but made no mention of the fact they were no longer an IHG property. Given that I get no benefits I called yesterday (they are now called The Continental which many could misunderstand, on the phone especially, as being Intercontinental) and cancelled. The reservation assistant seemed really pi**ed off I knew the situation and gave me a cancellation number but refused to send me an email. Staying at the Radisson Blu instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.