FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Print Wikipost

Kimpton and ihg

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I would infer that RA and IC will be separate sub-programs, so that a Kimpton stay would be seen just the same as any other IHG non-InterContinental one for RA qualification purpose.

(There needs to be some other shorthand to distinguish between InterContinental and Inner Circle as 'IC'.)
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
They put up a less than helpful FAQ here https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/customer-care/#kimpton

I guess we will find out how it really works sometime later in 2018.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by stimpy
They put up a less than helpful FAQ here https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/customer-care/#kimpton

I guess we will find out how it really works sometime later in 2018.
This confirms: “From early 2018, IHG Rewards Club points will be awarded for spend on room nights. At this time, spend on food & beverage and other incidentals will not be eligible for points”.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Us non-Inner Circle Spires will be entitled to "dining exclusives" - what are those?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:55 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Anyone wanna take a guess at reward night redemption rates?

I’m guessing probably in line with IC rates, so 60k points per night.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:59 pm

Given that the room rates are no cheaper than the equivalent ICs, I would guess the same.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
No need to guess...from the FAQs found here: https://www.kimptonhotels.com/ihg-faq

How many points will I need to earn to get a free night at a Kimpton?
Point values will vary by hotel and by room type and are based on time of year, location and other factors, but generally the range to redeem a free night at Kimpton will be 40,000 – 70,000 points.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by drewdawg199
No need to guess...from the FAQs found here: https://www.kimptonhotels.com/ihg-faq

How many points will I need to earn to get a free night at a Kimpton?
Point values will vary by hotel and by room type and are based on time of year, location and other factors, but generally the range to redeem a free night at Kimpton will be 40,000 – 70,000 points.
Does that mean IHG just created two new redemption categories at 65K and 70K?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by tth6133
Does that mean IHG just created two new redemption categories at 65K and 70K?
It's a fair bet that IHG will use this as an opportunity to "realign" redemption categories. Hopefully they'll give a few weeks notice at least, like they did last time.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:33 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Well apparently I can now choose between the old CP in central Amsterdam or the Amstel IC for 50,000 points per night.

Cash prices are €189 v €589 for Sep 2018, respectively.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Bumping this up. Anyone with any inside knowledge out there know when Kimpton will be merged in with IHG Rewards, and when we can start redeeming points for nights with them?
"Early 2018" is a huge target - wanting to plan a trip in 2018 so it would be nice if they could put a 'live' date on the deal.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:09 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Bumping this up. Anyone with any inside knowledge out there know when Kimpton will be merged in with IHG Rewards, and when we can start redeeming points for nights with them?
"Early 2018" is a huge target - wanting to plan a trip in 2018 so it would be nice if they could put a 'live' date on the deal.
No inside knowledge here, and I do think it's odd that we haven't even received correspondence from IHG regarding pre-integration steps members should take to ensure that accounts are linked (for those who are members of both programs). However, Kimpton properties are included as part of the Q1 Accelerate promotion, so I'm hoping it's ASAP once January rolls around.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dw
No inside knowledge here, and I do think it's odd that we haven't even received correspondence from IHG regarding pre-integration steps members should take to ensure that accounts are linked (for those who are members of both programs). However, Kimpton properties are included as part of the Q1 Accelerate promotion, so I'm hoping it's ASAP once January rolls around.
That is certainly a good sign if they are part of Accelerate going forward. Hoping word comes out within the next couple of weeks.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Dear ______________,

Now that you’ve heard the great news about Kimpton Karma Rewards joining IHG® Rewards Club in early 2018, we wanted to share a bit more detail around our two programs coming together and what to expect.

As one of our most valued Inner Circle members, when we merge the programs you will become a Spire Elite member, the highest tier within IHG Rewards Club. You will also maintain your Inner Circle status throughout 2018 and continue to enjoy all of the Inner Circle benefits that you have come to love when staying at a Kimpton hotel, including your personalized Inner Circle Amenity. In addition, you’ll get the rich benefits that come with Spire Elite status at all 12 hotel brands in the IHG family. Win-win!Here are some highlights of your new Spire Elite status:

• 25,000 bonus points right away, as part of your Exclusive Choice Benefit – an instant thank you gift! Exclusive Choice Benefit provides the option to select 25,000 bonus points or gift an IHG Rewards Club member Platinum Elite status
• Earn bonus points on top of the 10 points per dollar spent* on qualified room rates (for Spire Elite that’s 100% Elite bonus points on qualified room rate)
• Room upgrades at every IHG hotel (when available)
• 72-hour guaranteed room availability
• Early check-in (when available)
• Exclusive Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star® Upgrade

As we prepare to flip the switch, we want you to be aware of a few important items:

• Starting on December 28, 2017, you will be able to view and manage your reservations in your Kimpton Karma profile online, but will no longer be able to change any contact information or preferences within your profile. Please make sure your details, including email address, are accurate by December 27, 2017. This will be particularly important when we match profiles if you are a member of both programs today.
• On January 1, 2018 you’ll officially become a member of IHG Rewards Club and earn 10 points per dollar spent on qualified room rate at Kimpton hotels and all other IHG brands. You’ll receive your new IHG Rewards Club member details in early January. Until then, please continue to make new reservations with your Kimpton Karma member profile, just as you do today.
• Look for two emails in early January: one with your new IHG Rewards Club member account details and a separate one with your PIN (password). Both will come over from IHG Rewards Club. If you’re a member of both programs already, your Kimpton Karma details will carry over into your existing IHG Rewards Club account, including new point balances and any existing valid Reward Nights.
• Once you get your new IHG Rewards Club credentials in early January, all new reservations should be made with your new membership details. • Your new IHG Rewards Club membership details will allow you to earn and redeem any Reward Nights online at ihg.com at any of IHG’s 12 brands, across nearly 5,300 hotels worldwide. Woohoo!
• If you do not wish to be a member of IHG Rewards Club, please call or email Kimpton Customer Care at 888-695-4678 and [email protected] by December 24, 2017to ensure an account is not created for you.You can see all the new and exciting perks that IHG Rewards Club will open up for you here. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to [email protected] or 888-695-4678 if you have other questions.All of us at Kimpton and IHG are so grateful for your continued loyalty and I wish you and your family all of the warmth and happiness the holiday season has to offer.

Cheers,Maggie Lang
Senior Director, Guest Experience + Loyalty
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

*IHG's extended stay brands, including Candlewood Suites® and Staybridge Suites ®, earn five points per dollar spent on qualified room rates.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:54 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
As both a Kimpton IC and an IHG Spire I'm sad to see Kimpton integration finally imminent, but at least we have a firm date now. I'm curious whether Kimpton properties will start to earn 5x points on the Chase IHG card? One issue I can see is that there doesn't seem to be any uniform coding with the properties (and I've been paying attention the last few months), as in, all of the charges indicate the property names, but none of them have "Kimpton" in them, so I'm not sure how Chase would pick up the charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.