Search

40k of points for three Asia PAC stays

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 9:51 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
40k of points for three Asia PAC stays

I totally missed the post by hclee01 in the promotions thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28122998-post4.html and it's not in the summary but this is a cracker of a promotion that is not targeted.

40000 points for booking direct and staying three times in hotels in Asia PAC excluding Hong Kong, Taiwan, China & Macau. I don't normally cross post but feel this needs to be given some air, I only found out about it from a flyer in my room! Valid for stays until the end of the year.

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/de...ffercode=13962

Note to self, read promotions thread throughly and don't rely on a summary that's readers digest in style.

Last edited by markis10; May 22, 2017 at 5:24 am
Old May 20, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Yeah CJ link in a form of the flyer..
Old May 21, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
This appears to be a region-restriction promotion, neither US or UK residents are able to register.
Old May 21, 2017, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whimike
This appears to be a region-restriction promotion, neither US or UK residents are able to register.
That's interesting given there is no such restriction in the terms and conditions, the only mention is it's valid for original receipient only, yet is promoted by flyers in hotel rooms.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by olegator
Yeah CJ link in a form of the flyer..
agree, affiliate link should be removed...
Old May 22, 2017, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nvoi
agree, affiliate link should be removed...
Done, didn't realise there was one there, my apologies, used same link originally that was posted in the promos thread by the op.

Last edited by markis10; May 22, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Old May 22, 2017, 8:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by markis10
That's interesting given there is no such restriction in the terms and conditions, the only mention is it's valid for original receipient only, yet is promoted by flyers in hotel rooms.
T&C states:
This exclusive offer is valid for original recipient only and cannot be combined with other promotions
Seems to be targeted. Have never seen such flyer in the hotels I stayed last two weeks (all in UK).
Old May 22, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chongcao
T&C states:

Seems to be targeted. Have never seen such flyer in the hotels I stayed last two weeks (all in UK).
I think the flyers will only be found in Asia Pacific, where the promotion is running
Old May 22, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by markis10
40000 points for booking direct and staying three times in hotels in Asia PAC excluding Hong Kong, Taiwan, China & Macau.
Note that regions are "Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), the Middle East and Africa".
Old May 22, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by whimike
Yes, the region-restriction has also been reported on various travel/blog sites. It appears that if your account address is based in the regions of the promotion [i.e. Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), the Middle East and Africa] then you can register otherwise you get an error message.
Old May 23, 2017, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Expat_852
Note that regions are "Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), the Middle East and Africa".
Good pick up, missed that, probably because of the fact my plans are for stays in Asia Pac
Old May 23, 2017, 10:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Expat_852
Yes, the region-restriction has also been reported on various travel/blog sites. It appears that if your account address is based in the regions of the promotion [i.e. Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), the Middle East and Africa] then you can register otherwise you get an error message.
Based in Europe, still get error message.
Old May 23, 2017, 1:15 pm

I'm registered for this and already got the 1k for doing so. My understanding is it is for residents of APAC only.
Old May 23, 2017, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by camsean
I'm registered for this and already got the 1k for doing so. My understanding is it is for residents of APAC only.
Lucky you

I registered end of April and still haven't got the 1000 points, looks like I will have to fill in missing points form and on past experiences I won't hold my breath for the points.
Old May 23, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Registered with an Australian address and it worked fine. Could be useful for some upcoming trips to South Africa and Vietnam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.