Wiki Posts
Search

eStandby "Loyalty Programme Upgrade"?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
eStandby "Loyalty Programme Upgrade"?

I believe eStandby Upgrade® isn't new, but there's an option for an upcoming stay which I didn't expect at all:

Loyalty Programme Upgrade: £25 Extra for the entire stay
- Sign up for IHG Reward Club at check-in and enjoy the following benefits and many more.
- Late check-out until 2 pm
- Complimentary newspaper
- Free hot beverage

Well it's a reward night so I'm at least Club (and I am), so what's with the "Sign up for IHG Reward Club at check-in"? I recalled late check-out and newspaper were base level benefit, so are they trying to upsell what previously offered? Or because reward nights aren't entitled to these in the first place? Don't think they could possibly sell me Gold there.
Old May 12, 2017, 12:01 am

That's 25 quid for a hot beverage.

Thank you for your loyalty Mr. Watery.
Old May 14, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by watery
I believe eStandby Upgrade® isn't new, but there's an option for an upcoming stay which I didn't expect at all:

Loyalty Programme Upgrade: £25 Extra for the entire stay
- Sign up for IHG Reward Club at check-in and enjoy the following benefits and many more.
- Late check-out until 2 pm
- Complimentary newspaper
- Free hot beverage

Well it's a reward night so I'm at least Club (and I am), so what's with the "Sign up for IHG Reward Club at check-in"? I recalled late check-out and newspaper were base level benefit, so are they trying to upsell what previously offered? Or because reward nights aren't entitled to these in the first place? Don't think they could possibly sell me Gold there.
I've seen this before at a few hotels, but in reality unless you are not Platinum or Spire they are rarely worth it since a lot of these benefits you're most likely to get anyway for free.

Occasionally you get solo offers for chocolates or flowers or meals that can be useful, but normally it's such useless packages or room upgrades etc at a discounted rate, good if you are not a member, club or gold but useless to Platiniums and spires
Old May 14, 2017, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by JustinIreland
I've seen this before at a few hotels, but in reality unless you are not Platinum or Spire they are rarely worth it since a lot of these benefits you're most likely to get anyway for free.

Occasionally you get solo offers for chocolates or flowers or meals that can be useful, but normally it's such useless packages or room upgrades etc at a discounted rate, good if you are not a member, club or gold but useless to Platiniums and spires
IHG blocked Spire members from seeing NOR1s at the start of November 2015 so if you are Spire you won't see them.

I've challenged them on it on numerous occasions as quite a few of the hotels I stay at have dining options on the NOR1.

The complaints have even reached Corporate Liasion on several occasions. Their response is "The hotels should be upgrading Spire guests at all times, therefore we have taken the decision to remove visibility of NOR1 for our most valued Spire guests"

They don't seem to grasp however that I don't particularly like paying £25 for dinner as a "Most valued Spire elite guest" when the club member at the next table is eating the same for £15.

Last edited by chrism20; May 14, 2017 at 5:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.