Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IC New Orleans Master Thread (Archive Thread) - pre 2013 renovation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2000, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed at this hotel?
Old Oct 24, 2000, 9:19 am

IC New Orleans

I will be in MSY in January for a conference. One possible hotel will be the IC in MSY. Is it a nice one or should I avoid it?
Old Oct 24, 2000, 2:47 pm

Since the MSY Inter-con is in a business district that clears out at the end of the business day, the several-block walk between the hotel and the French Quarter can be spooky. I would recommend a hotel in the Quarter or along lower Canal Street.
Old Oct 24, 2000, 2:49 pm

Since the MSY Inter-con is in a business district that clears out at the end of the business day, the several-block walk between the hotel and the French Quarter can be spooky. I would recommend a hotel in the Quarter or along lower Canal Street.
Old Oct 24, 2000, 2:49 pm

Since the MSY Inter-con is in a business district that clears out at the end of the work day, the several-block walk between the hotel and the French Quarter can be spooky. I would recommend a hotel in the Quarter or along lower Canal Street.
Old Oct 25, 2000, 2:15 am

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, 0524.

Old Oct 25, 2000, 4:55 pm

I stayed there for the ASSA meetings in January 1997. If you are going there for the same reason, then I would not worry about 0524's concerns as there will be thousands of people in the neighborhood for the convention. I would highly recommend the hotel, but unfortunately no more rooms are available (as of right now) at the special discounted rate.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
IC New Orleans [Master Thread]

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Intercontinental New Orleans on St. Charles? I have our 2-night honeymoon escape booked there (through their best rate guarantee program, no less!). Thanks for any reviews or advice.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 8:41 pm
prh

Programs: AA Platinum Plus; One World Emerald
I stayed there a number of years ago and a colleague stayed there recently. I like the hotel and it's reasonably convenient to the French Quarter, but if you're looking for charm or want to be in the Quarter, you should look elsewhere.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 4:08 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat AA, Starwood Plat 100, Hilton Diamond
I stayed there for 3 nights this past January.

It's a decent business hotel. Unfortunately they don't have high speed net access yet.

Rooms are nicely and comfortably furnished. As an Six Continents Club member, I was upgraded to a end of hall room, which was nice, as it was a corner room and had two sides of light exposure.

Room service was good and prompt.

I found that checkin took longer in the evening as they only had one desk clerk working, and there was no Club checkin window active.

It's about a 15 minute walk to the French Quarter....and there's lots of convenience stores around the Canal Street boundary of the Quarter.

Expect Rooms facing St. Charles will have some streetcar noise...

Enjoy!

Old Jun 7, 2005, 7:09 am

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
IC New Orleans

I spent a long weekend in new orleans
Thursady night to monday afternoon

combination mattress run and using a united fly 3 voucher

spent thursday and friday nights in the Renaissance Pere
and Sat and sunday nights in the IC Nawlins

I walked from the renaissance to the IC
an easy 2 blocks over and 1 block up

I used the special checking desk
i booked the cheapest $109 rate, used a free nite cert
i was upgraded to the 11th floor, (not the club level)
and was given a room with a balcony
additional upgrades were available for purchase
but i did not take them up on that offer

the room was nice and large
but had not been cleaned properly

apparently there had been another ambassador member in that room
as his introduction letter was still there, as well as 1/2 of his free gift.

the gift consisted of 3 apples and 2 pralines,
and the tray of 3 apples was still in the room

i was also given a free movie credit which i didnt have time to use

the room cleaning service was terrible
despite the "do not disturb" sign posted on the door
on both days the maids knocked then tried to enter the room
same thing at night when they do the turndown service

this is my 3rd different IC this year
and i am currently AMB PC Platinum
so i hope this raises me to Royal Ambassador

nice hotel
just the housekeeping staff needs a lecture
Old Jun 7, 2005, 7:34 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, Priority Club Plat AMB.,HHonors Gold,Amex
I recently stayed at this property recently also. Check-in service was very good. Intially I had bad thoughts from a charging error, but everything worked out in a professional and surperb manner.

Was upgraded similarly(also booked the least expensive rate at $129 using cert) to a room with a balcony. As my second stay as an ambassodor at this property this year, I was never offered any sort of paid upgrades, like to the club floor-makes me wonder why.

Fruit was 3 plums and a gilft of chocolate pralines. I agree with the staff comment. Extremely too much interuptions, even when the "do not disturb" sign is out. Makes me wonder what if I didn't put it out! It's seems as if the entire staff was trying to leave work early and ran to the guest rooms each morning-room service tray pickup/maid service/mini-bar check/etc. Other than this, the stay was very nice.
Old Jun 11, 2005, 11:40 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I'm looking at this place for a trip next month, but you don't make it sound too good. I want the nights credit for the bonuses, but am also considering the Hilton for the same price where I would get Diamond perks. A tough choice - bonus PC points or an upgraded Hilton room...
Old Jun 11, 2005, 2:04 pm

I too have had similar experiences to those above...requested late check-out, despite the Do not disturb, the maid came first around 9:00, then 10:00, then 11:30, at which point I asked if she understood what DND meant (I was on a conference call, and needed quiet), and she said that guests often forget to remove the hang tag...informed her that I would be out of the room by 4:00 PM. She left, and the housekeeping supervisor then came and knocked on the door, to inform me that they would have to charge me for an additional day. I directed her to the Ambassador check in desk...they only knocked once more (2:30) All and all, its a great hotel and location, but I believe it is extremely difficult to find good help in New Orleans. I travel to N.O. quite often for work, and stay either at the IC, or the CP...the CP generally upgrades platinums if a room is available.
Old Jun 11, 2005, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by jessej

this is my 3rd different IC this year
and i am currently AMB PC Platinum
so i hope this raises me to Royal Ambassador
Keep us posted if you are invited to RA.

I have two IC stays so far this year and wouldn't mind doing one more if there is chance for an invitation to RA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.