Crowne Plaza Vientiane, Laos - wonderful new property

Old Dec 3, 19, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
I was here recently beautiful property and friendly staff, but no lounge access for Spires on points stays and the $40 upsell attempt for breakfast (in Laos!) sort of put me off.

A Holiday Inn is now in the very early stages of being built next door. Hard to believe there's demand in Vientiane for two IHG properties next door to each other, especially when the CP can be found for as low as $60/night. I wonder if the CP is going to be re-flagged when the H.I. opens in 2021 (or later).
$40 upcharge for breakfast seems extreme. Too bad about no club access on points for Spire.
Old Dec 3, 19, 9:08 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero View Post
$40 upcharge for breakfast seems extreme. Too bad about no club access on points for Spire.
I don't know what the reimbursement rate is for points, but it's hard to believe there's anywhere near a $40 spread between the property's reimbursement for my 20,000-point stay and the $60/night rate that's common at this property, which presumably yields the lounge access for Spires reported previously in this thread. (I was planning to pay cash, but the rate spiked on me when I arrived a day earlier than expected.) Beautiful property, though.

Search this Thread