Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Vientiane, Laos Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2019, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by joe_miami
I was here recently — beautiful property and friendly staff, but no lounge access for Spires on points stays and the $40 upsell attempt for breakfast (in Laos!) sort of put me off.

A Holiday Inn is now in the very early stages of being built next door. Hard to believe there's demand in Vientiane for two IHG properties next door to each other, especially when the CP can be found for as low as $60/night. I wonder if the CP is going to be re-flagged when the H.I. opens in 2021 (or later).
$40 upcharge for breakfast seems extreme. Too bad about no club access on points for Spire.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
$40 upcharge for breakfast seems extreme. Too bad about no club access on points for Spire.
I don't know what the reimbursement rate is for points, but it's hard to believe there's anywhere near a $40 spread between the property's reimbursement for my 20,000-point stay and the $60/night rate that's common at this property, which presumably yields the lounge access for Spires reported previously in this thread. (I was planning to pay cash, but the rate spiked on me when I arrived a day earlier than expected.) Beautiful property, though.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 12:41 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
What is the best way to get from this hotel to or from the airport ?
Old Dec 15, 2023, 8:28 am

I'm at the property now and it's awesome. Paid 14K per night for points redemption and as a Diamond they upgraded me to a club room proactively and rather inexplicably. The lounge is quite decent. They have a proper afternoon tea and evening spread with mixed drinks, beer and wine. The sweets were all very good and there are no major hot food entrees in the evening as you might get in other Aisan lounges- but the small dishes they do have are tasty and they made me some killer vegetarian summer rolls. The room I got is modern and spacious enough and I agree with the others that this is definitely on the upper end of what you might expect at a CP and particularly in Laos. Needless to say it's a great value on points.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by gil123
I'm at the property now and it's awesome. Paid 14K per night for points redemption and as a Diamond they upgraded me to a club room proactively and rather inexplicably. The lounge is quite decent. They have a proper afternoon tea and evening spread with mixed drinks, beer and wine. The sweets were all very good and there are no major hot food entrees in the evening as you might get in other Aisan lounges- but the small dishes they do have are tasty and they made me some killer vegetarian summer rolls. The room I got is modern and spacious enough and I agree with the others that this is definitely on the upper end of what you might expect at a CP and particularly in Laos. Needless to say it's a great value on points.
Agree. Very good hotel. We stayed in October and got upgraded from lowest grade room to suite. We had lounge access and were often the only people in the Lounge. Enjoyed the 4 different cocktails on offer as well as the canapés. Used the free electric tuk tuk a couple of times to go to centre of town. Breakfast was excellent and staff very helpful.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 1:36 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Charentedame
Agree. Very good hotel. We stayed in October and got upgraded from lowest grade room to suite. We had lounge access and were often the only people in the Lounge. Enjoyed the 4 different cocktails on offer as well as the canapés. Used the free electric tuk tuk a couple of times to go to centre of town. Breakfast was excellent and staff very helpful.
I didn't know they offer free tuk tuk.... It was a good stay and i enjoyed the sauna. I forgot if I got upgrade but I had annual lounge pass so I ate plenty
Old Dec 16, 2023, 11:20 pm

No mention of any free electric tuk-tuk so if they still have it, they are not advertising it. Although to be honest I probably wouldn't use it unless it was early enough in the morning to be cooler and less fumes to breathe in. I downloaded and used the Loca app and it worked great for everything except the train station (and to answer the post about how to get here from the airport, Loca should be no more than 80-100,000 kip for that short trip). All my rides had AC and most were nice newer cars and many EVs. Arriving from the train station, there were no Loca cars available but I paid 200,000 kip (negotiated down from 300k) for a taxi-- contrasted with another guest I met at the train station who had prebooked hotel pickup for $50 USD!
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by gil123
did you have to pay extra for club lounge access? I paid with points and got upgraded to the club room but didn't get free access to the lounge.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 12:28 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by SchoolyardBully8
did you have to pay extra for club lounge access? I paid with points and got upgraded to the club room but didn't get free access to the lounge.
I have lounge access as I have annual lounge pass
Old Dec 25, 2023, 7:52 am

I did not pay for lounge access and was booked with points. I was offered it upon checkin. I've gotten preupgraded to "Club Room with Lounge Access" room type in ICs before but then they always tell me that does not include lounge access when I check in. This is the first time an IHG property has given me that room type and comped me the lounge with it.

Originally Posted by SchoolyardBully8

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.