Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combine Amb BOGO with Citi Prestige?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Combine Amb BOGO with Citi Prestige?

Looking to stayou at IC Bali in the coming months and I wanted to see if there was a way to combine the BOGO cert with the citi prestige 4th night free benefit?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:59 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Yes.

Book the bogo for two nights through IHG using their website and book the remaining nights through Citi's concierge.

Do NOT use the BOGO for more than 2 nights as they charge you a higher nightly rate when using it.

I was just at the Bali IC last month and loved it so much I'm going back in March.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 355F1
Yes.

Book the bogo for two nights through IHG using their website and book the remaining nights through Citi's concierge.

Do NOT use the BOGO for more than 2 nights as they charge you a higher nightly rate when using it.

I was just at the Bali IC last month and loved it so much I'm going back in March.
Well i was trying to work in the BOGO with the Citi prestige 4th night free on a 4 night paid stay and add points nights after that.

Is it better to just do points and free night certs and upgrade to club instead?

I really wanted to get one of the specialty suites though :/

If you end up going around last week of march or first week of april, let me know! itll be nice to have another pair of people to explore and enjoy the IC and bali with.^
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Sorry, it gets a bit confusing on what you are trying to achieve. You need to book the AMB cert nights at a special rate via IHG website. You can't use nights booked under Citi Prestige rate to apply the cert against.

Whether points make sense depends on the paid rate and how you value the points. You can only book Classic room for reward nights and upgrading it via supplement fee to normal Club room can run between 100-150 US$ plus 21% depending on your negotiation with them.

To get a specialty suite as AMB (not sure if you are RA), you need to book into a Club Duplex at least. YMMV.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by demue
Sorry, it gets a bit confusing on what you are trying to achieve. You need to book the AMB cert nights at a special rate via IHG website. You can't use nights booked under Citi Prestige rate to apply the cert against.

Whether points make sense depends on the paid rate and how you value the points. You can only book Classic room for reward nights and upgrading it via supplement fee to normal Club room can run between 100-150 US$ plus 21% depending on your negotiation with them.

To get a specialty suite as AMB (not sure if you are RA), you need to book into a Club Duplex at least. YMMV.
Im a plat amb. I was basically asking if there was a rate code (that i could give to the citi rep) that applies the amb rate instead of going thru the amb site for the amb cert rate.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:02 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
Well i was trying to work in the BOGO with the Citi prestige 4th night free on a 4 night paid stay and add points nights after that.

Is it better to just do points and free night certs and upgrade to club instead?

I really wanted to get one of the specialty suites though :/

If you end up going around last week of march or first week of april, let me know! itll be nice to have another pair of people to explore and enjoy the IC and bali with.^
You're going to have to do two separate reservations. Sorry, dude.

We will be there at the end of March.

Check my posts on these last 3 pages for info on Club Upgrades.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...merged-64.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.