Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by petey2428
Scored 2 nights at the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS & SUITES BENTON HARBOR. For people living in the Chicago area, this is actually a great cheap getaway. It's close to the Indiana Dunes, St. Joseph, and the SW Michigan wineries and breweries. For $30/night with a free breakfast, it's a steal.

Paid rates are around $200+ for summer weekends. This is the most expensive time of the year for that area, and I'm a little surprised that the hotel is on pointbreaks.
i think 'Benton Harbor' in the name still scares off a lot of folks, even with recent gentrification in the lakeside area
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:19 pm

Holiday Inn Huatulco

Booked, had to call, online reservation got stuck. A great area to visit, I was told.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by beachmouse
i think 'Benton Harbor' in the name still scares off a lot of folks, even with recent gentrification in the lakeside area
Whats wrong with the area?

After that post I went to look and thought it be a nice weekend trip.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Ikaz
I booked a night at the Porto HIX for this week as I have a late arrival at OPO booked last minute, it was the perfect option ^
Can you feed back after your stay as to what it was like? I will be in Porto for 3 days in June, and I managed to book 2 rooms without any problem, the 2nd room being for the person travelling with me.

Remember, in order to book 2 rooms using points you have to make 2 separate bookings.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:52 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
Can you feed back after your stay as to what it was like? I will be in Porto for 3 days in June, and I managed to book 2 rooms without any problem, the 2nd room being for the person travelling with me.

Remember, in order to book 2 rooms using points you have to make 2 separate bookings.
I can yes, what sort of info are you interested in? I am going to try to get a Uber from the airport at night and the metro to town the next day, so only a quick stay for me (as it seems to be 1 hour to town by public transport, I will move to a hotel in the city after)

EDIT: I just saw that there is a bus to get to town in 20 minutes instead of the metro.

Last edited by Ikaz; Apr 24, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just interested in what the hotel is like, generally, whether it is clean, decent, friendly and pleasant to stay in. The reviews at IHG itself generally seem pretty good, but I don't really trust their review service. Also, if the hotel is in a truly awful area (which looks like it might be) I am prepared to chuck it in and book something closer to downtown. I am planning on having a rental car. If you do that, watch out because there seem to be loads of toll roads around OPO airport.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:50 pm

just booked

Vernon, CT and it includes breakfast!
Name:  vernon.PNG
Views: 717
Size:  35.1 KB

and booked CP at Memphis and HI at Chicago Airport)
Super happy
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by miadukes
Whats wrong with the area?

After that post I went to look and thought it be a nice weekend trip.
loss of factory jobs and flight of middle class whites to nearby towns left the city of Benton Harbor proper 'economically depressed' for many years. Kind of a mini Gary, IN.

Its apparently getting better these days but a 20-30 year negative impression is not reversed overnight
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by moe8555
Success! CP Vilnius for 3 nights. Did anyone else notice that it says "Breakfast included" for the points rate? Is that true?
Damn. Didn't save a screenshot. Beginner error.

I can't see anywhere on my reservation page where it mentions free breakfast.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:02 pm

guys did you notice that today point + cash trick is cheaper

Name:  promo.PNG
Views: 676
Size:  20.9 KB?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:09 pm

I just booked St John's, Newfoundland. I'm doing a road trip there in July so this was perfect.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:12 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by vesnushka23
guys did you notice that today point + cash trick is cheaper
Noticed that on a few properties when I was researching potential hotels earlier.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Noticed that on a few properties when I was researching potential hotels earlier.
yep, just booked 20K for $92
meaning I am buying 5K pointsbreak nights for only $23!!!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:33 pm

IHG site is kicking me out of bookings, and viewing my upcomings. I need to go in and cancel something so I can do P&C.

Can the strain of a PB plus "Sunshine Sale" (What is that?) plus P&C be too much for their IT to handle? Not confidence inspiring. If so, I'm surprised that so many people are going at it this late in the day. Usually gets hit much earlier?

I wonder why Krabi stayed open well into the afternoon? Grabbed a week, but I really had thought about August as my trip. We'll see.

Last PB in January went live just as my flight was boarding, and they were shooing me out of the lounge -- Run, run, RUN! I was the last one onboard, but I got my Siloms. By the time I logged in again, the sequence was broken up into sporadic nights.

No, this one was not a rich one for my aspirational tripping, but it may get me through a trip in the Northeast. A little out of my way, but the past year has been a case of right country-wrong city I did not want to venture off to. When PB has hit for me in the past, it's been golden.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Amazingly enough, I actually needed a night in Delano, CA tonight. Nabbed it as soon as it went live and here I am.

What a dump. Both the town and this property. The extra lock on my room is literally attached by a screw. I put my chair against the door.

If anyone needs to stay here for some reason, the pizza place right across the street (Magoo's) is pretty tasty with some great happy hour specials. Loaded small pizza and 20 oz. beer for about $10.

Hopefully, this is my last night in Delano, ever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.