Intercontinental Sofia
4 Narodno Sabranie Square
Sofia 1000
Bulgaria
Tel +359 2 93334334

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/sofia/sofco/hoteldetail

Reports
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29609448-post8.html incl picture of lounge information

Pre Opening Thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1906876-ic-sofia-master-thread-pre-opening-thread.html
Print Wikipost

IC Sofia Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:11 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Rate (starting from 85 EUR) are loaded from April 06 onwards, but not prior. I have adjusted the thread title

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:54 am

On Facebook they posted that they had their first guest on March 22.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigweasel
On Facebook they posted that they had their first guest on March 22.
But sill not bookable via homepage ...
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:29 am

I posted it so that others now if they still have a valid reservation for before April 6 it should be honored.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:49 pm

There mid April but just wandering if anyone had any advance scout (soft opening) data?

Also anyone got any strong dining out suggestions? Saw somewhere called the Crystal Steakhouse that looked interesting but struggled some after that....

Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:22 am

I was looking online, didn’t find genuine pictures of guests during the soft opening period. I am there on April 6 maybe I can post some pictures from my mobile phone. Club Intercontinental Agent already contacted me and confirmed my Ambassador upgrade from 2 Bed Club Intercontinental to the Suite.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:56 am

I was looking online, didn’t find genuine pictures of guests during the soft opening period. I am there on April 6 maybe I can post some pictures from my mobile phone. Club Intercontinental Agent already contacted me and confirmed my Ambassador upgrade from 2 Bed Club Intercontinental to the Suite.
Sounds good bigweasel. Would be really helpful if you could please. Look forward to that

Yes staff are helpful and upgrades seem forthcoming. Lounge drinks opening hours are strangely even more restrictive than other areas.....cannot remember if was an hour or 90 mins but not exactly a goldmine of generosity.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:01 am

Very warm welcome! Everything smells brand new of course. Here are some pictures including club access hours. I got a one bed suite (1 category upgrade)

Unterwegs, FLYGVA and Carel1 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:50 am

Very warm welcome! Everything smells brand new of course. Here are some pictures including club access hours. I got a one bed suite (1 category upgrade)

quoted photos deleted by moderator

Super stuff Bigweasel .... likes like they changed the club lounge opening hours.....originally it was slated to be just one hour! A good call indeed. Yes they have been very accommodating on email and hope that carries on .... ok looking forward to going now.

If you get chance write a review or summary would be good. And just to ask, you A or RA?

Thanks for the photos ..... P.S whats in the Bulgaria bag? :-)

Last edited by FLYGVA; Apr 30, 2018 at 1:15 pm Reason: deleted quoted photos to increase usability
Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
Hi Bigweasel,

May I ask, what was the quality / your opinion of the breakfast in the club lounge, please?
Do you have any idea whether if you book a club room, you can have breakfast in the main restaurant as well?

Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

I moved the older post to its own thread, which could be found here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...l#post29700056), so that we can focus in this thread about the opened hotel.

I also added a wiki with some basic information about this hotel. Feel free to add more information, if you have stayed there

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old May 4, 2018, 3:01 am

I am back from my vacation. So some further information. I stayed for a 2nd time 3 weeks after my first stay. What has changed? Not much despite the welcome fruit chocolate plate got smaller (if you look at my previous picture it is now only the size of the bigger plate). That means there are less fruits and chocolates but it's still enough for 2 people. The first time it was simply overkill and I don't know how could have eaten all the bananas apples etc.

Oh one thing I remember. On my first stay I was in club lounge for afternoon sweet buffet / light dinner snacks / breakfast and every time we were the only guests. On the second stay there were 2 other guest but the were leaving before we entered the lounge.

Sorry for the uncertainty but I think there was tea inside the bulgaria bag.

I only ate breakfast at the club. Sorry that I don't have a picture but I try to recall it from memory. You have hot beans, sausages, tomatoes, different breads, salmon, cold cuts, marmelade, fruits + fruit salad, 1-2 juices and last but not least you have an order on demand menu with the usual suspects eggs benedict/florentine, waffles, eggs to your liking.

I know it sounds like an advertisement but the eggs benedict have been the best eggs benedict I had in my life (including restaurants)!

At the time of my stays I was a Gold Ambassador.
Atacama40 and koriobg like this.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:10 am

Thanks a lot for the info, looking for first-hand experience this week
Old May 18, 2018, 7:52 am

Hi all,

Another data point from my side. As Spire AMB I was 1 CAT upgraded to the same (as per the SD manager lady) 1 King Bed Junior Suite as the hotel is still being renovated. @bigweasel I decided to follow your advertisement and try the Eggs Benedict, they were really delicious

I had a funny moment entering my room and seeing this:

After using bigweasel's picture for comparison it turned out my suite was moved to an upper floor earlier in the day but my plate and hand written note were not, however the SD manager lady saved the day explaining everything in details and took care to have everything fixed.
@Atacama40: I received a similar Bulgaria bag (mine was written in Cyrillic alphabet) - I was betting on something with rose oil and was right. There were bath salts with rose oil essentials inside.

I had a nice touch from the staff. As my stay was during my birthday on my birthday's breakfast three ladies were singing Happy birthday in the club lounge and I received this:

The only low light of my stay was that the safe inside the room was not able to accommodate my 14" laptop. I was able to put it inside horizontally but not able to close the door. Hopefully the hotel will take my consideration into account.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:56 am

Yeah agree both posts from Bigweasel and Koriobg. Staff and management working hard make IC Sofia a decent stay. Nothing but good news from me.

The terrace rooms on the top deck are excellent. Layout (not style) similar externally to IC Athens but many more of them across the full roof length. Well thought out layouts, lighting a little weak by bag stand, cupboards and doorway but no big deal. Who needs clean socks anyway.

Yes was Rose Bath Crystals in the Bag...Mrs Atacama using the bag to store her assorted mobile phone cable and clutter in :-)

L'Occitane bathroom amenities in room. Nice enough. Didn't see any suit bags which was a shame as my Beichen Beijing one decided to bust it's zip while there.

Club lounge good, nice layout, not so big but comfortable enough layout with decent seating... similar colour scheme as IC Lisbon. Food choices nice quality, not huge but enough and staff wait on was quietly subtle but attentive.

Floret is nice, the side deck on the street side a nice seating area and a nice cross over menu with the predictable and safe and the local and interesting.

The amenity plate was huge as Bigweasel mentions ... I've never ate so much fruit! :-) .... and a decent bottle of red and two full size waters.

Mini bar pretty much stock but fine.

And the location itself is spot on. Never experienced any of the noise issues mentioned elsewhere from the adjoining night-club but we were at the top so guess shouldn't do.

Very responsive crew they have there. If they carry on this way it will an IC to be measured against in it's sector. Overall ambiance and decor very pleasing and just a bit different with interesting local tie in's of design. A well thought out and executed refurb overall. Think it will appeal to A's and RA's and they treat them well. Good value as a location as well.

Don't know any of the local competition but this will be a 'go-to' location for me.

And yes the hot prep breakfast items were good. Didn't have the eggs but wife did and rated them. Omelettes well prepared to taste as well. And staff moved quick and with purpose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.