Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2016 promotion (September to December 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:49 am

I am having the same issue where they are telling me I did not qualify because I booked prior to the promotion. I had two stays, one was booked before and another stay was booked during; both paid with the IHG mastercard. The customer service is getting really bad and I've getting annoyed chasing my points.

The irony is that the most recent email started with "name is Sheena, glad to assist a highly valued Platinum Elite member like you.".
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:22 am

Maybe miracles do happen. The points posted no more than 30 minutes after I wrote them an email response. Glad I can move on to better things than chasing points.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by ScroogeMcFlyer
I am having the same issue where they are telling me I did not qualify because I booked prior to the promotion. I had two stays, one was booked before and another stay was booked during; both paid with the IHG mastercard. The customer service is getting really bad and I've getting annoyed chasing my points.

The irony is that the most recent email started with "name is Sheena, glad to assist a highly valued Platinum Elite member like you.".
What do they say when you point out to them that you actually did book one stay within the promo period with your IHG CC?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by ScroogeMcFlyer
Maybe miracles do happen. The points posted no more than 30 minutes after I wrote them an email response. Glad I can move on to better things than chasing points.
Good to hear.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by wlp07
What do they say when you point out to them that you actually did book one stay within the promo period with your IHG CC?
They have not written back (yet).

I have a feeling this is what "really" happened:
1. IHG stopped running their script to add promotion points for several weeks and waited for promotion to end.
2. Customer Service has no clue what the T&Cs are or when points will post. Give any excuse they can think of to deny adding points. They likely have to jump through tons of hoops to do it.
3. Employee running script finally added logic to look for IHG Mastercard paid stays.
4. They ran the script today and it happened to be shortly after I sent an email. Customer service probably hasn't read my email yet.
5. They will likely not investigate much and they will give a generic response like 'your points are posted'.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I sent a missing points about the credit card tasks several weeks ago and never got a reply. Now today I see that yesterday that and my completion bonus points posted. (As of just a few days ago, last time I checked my well-hidden-these-days progress dashboard, they were still showing as uncompleted tasks, so it went from nothing on the dashboard to there in my points activity in just a few days. I have no idea whether it had anything to with my missing points request, but given posts above I suspect maybe not.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire A, HH Diamond
My points (CC spend + achievement bonus) posted yesterday as well. I never contacted them about the missing points as the 8 weeks wasn't up yet. So, it seems that they finally ran that script to check for IHG CC spend.

Would be interesting to hear from people who got the manual adjustment which didn't show in the dashboard if they got the bonus twice?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lyst
I was very surprised today when I looked at both of our accounts and the credit card spend finally posted with no follow up from me, and the bonus points along with it! Glad I don't have to deal with them. I hate chasing points.
same here....i was expecting to call again next week after my 8 weeks were up....
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Ilseum
Would be interesting to hear from people who got the manual adjustment which didn't show in the dashboard if they got the bonus twice?
To my utter shock and surprise - the answer is yes.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:56 am

Yesterday (1/3/17) they finally manually corrected mine after two different e-mail rounds with CS. I will bet they will update the dashboard this late after the promotion ended

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.