Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2016 promotion (September to December 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Concerto
Can't one just charge it to the room bill? I've done that with other hotels in other locations. Surely we could earn extra points for it!
Not at LHR, as they are not really hotel's shuttles - rather buses operated by an independent company.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Have any Accelerator bonus points started to post yet? My tracker page shows that I've completed three of my five requirements ...
I had a stay from just over two weeks ago. The normal points posted to my account a few days later on that Friday. The Accelerator chart was updated early last week. But I have yet to have those points post to my account. I wonder if they are done all at once in weekly sweeps.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Concerto
Can't one just charge it to the room bill? I've done that with other hotels in other locations. Surely we could earn extra points for it!
One can do that on the return to the airport, but not getting there in the first place.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I had a stay from just over two weeks ago. The normal points posted to my account a few days later on that Friday. The Accelerator chart was updated early last week. But I have yet to have those points post to my account. I wonder if they are done all at once in weekly sweeps.
The Accelerator points posted overnight. The tracker changes within a few days of the stay points posting, then seems to take another week or so for the bonus points to post.

BTW for anyone who got the "Redeem points" task, seems you can book a stay with points, then cancel (and get the points placed back into your account), it will register as completing that task. While it wasn't intentional, I had originally booked a night in Shanghai the day the promotion started as an award but when I got my task offer and I saw the September and first stays tasks/bonuses, I cancelled and booked the night as a revenue one. I hadn't expected it to qualify for that task but it did.

Last edited by Shareholder; Sep 27, 2016 at 4:36 am
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
I completed a PB stay on Sept. 23. My "earn when you redeem" task has been marked as complete, and the 1,000 points have posted.

I have also got 585 points for F&B spend (read: beer). The 585 points have posted, but (in accordance with the rules) it doesn't seem to have counted towards my F&B task.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by perthite
I got some points yesterday.

The newsworthy bit about those points is that I wasn't aware that I'd completed the particular target involved.
Exactly the same just happened to me (not that I'm complaining!)
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by davidw70
Exactly the same just happened to me (not that I'm complaining!)
I had points for "book using the app" which wasn't in my accelerate targets
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Points just posted for me. I got the registration bonus, redeem bonus, Stay Once, and September bonus.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Shareholder
BTW for anyone who got the "Redeem points" task, seems you can book a stay with points, then cancel (and get the points placed back into your account), it will register as completing that task. While it wasn't intentional, I had originally booked a night in Shanghai the day the promotion started as an award but when I got my task offer and I saw the September and first stays tasks/bonuses, I cancelled and booked the night as a revenue one. I hadn't expected it to qualify for that task but it did.
Same experience here. Posted it last week, a few pages ago on the thread. (Although mine was an intentional reward night booking and cancellation to complete that task. ) Nice to earn 1,000 for the redemption task, without actually having to lose any points.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
The points from 5 of 6 tasks that I have completed so far, all those through 9/7, posted to my IHG account yesterday, 9/26. 16,900 points. The points from the 6th task that I completed on 9/11 did not although it's reflected on my dashboard.

This is posting much better than the Share Forever summer promo as I had to have those points manually posted after a little back and forth fight I had to escalate with IHG.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My registration points just posted. My first checkout is today so it'll be a while before I get an actual stay bonus.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
A little question about the 2 nights weekend stay task: I am going to visit some cities in the middle east next month and their week end is different from the western world. To meet the promotion condition do I have to check in on Thursday and check out on Saturday to meet the week end condition in the middle east or I have to check in on Friday and check out on Sunday?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Look at the Terms and Conditions of that requirement.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
A little question about the 2 nights weekend stay task: I am going to visit some cities in the middle east next month and their week end is different from the western world. To meet the promotion condition do I have to check in on Thursday and check out on Saturday to meet the week end condition in the middle east or I have to check in on Friday and check out on Sunday?
Are you speaking about the "SATURDAY STAYS BONUS"? Which requires you stay X number of weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night?

If so, I think it is safe to say you have to do as stated.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
One of my tasks is to buy points from Points.com. I maxed out on buying points this year from them 6 months ago. Why even present this as a task to me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.