Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any IHG Chase holders with free night able to help out?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Any IHG Chase holders with free night able to help out?

Hey everyone. Wondering if I can get some help here.

My wife and I both have the IHG Chase card for the free reward night. We have already booked both our nights for a hotel in Barcelona. However, I now see that the Crown Plaza in Barcelona might have reward nights available (I can see you can book for 35,000 points). However, the hotel we are currently booked at (Holiday Inn Express Barcelona) no longer has any reward nights available. I called to see if they could tell me if the CP has the reward nights available but they were unable to. They said the only way to tell would be to cancel my current nights and try then.

So I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to look it up for me if you haven't booked your reward night yet. I'm looking at the Crown Plaza: Barcelona Fira Center for October 20-21 and also from October 21-22 of 2017.

Thank you so much for helping out!!!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Free night availability mirrors that of reward nights
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:48 pm

Just checked and the Crowne Plaza is available both nights for 35,000 points per night. This means you can book them with your free Chase night awards. I have found from past experience if you cancel your existing award nights the free nights go back in to your account immediately and you can then rebook your new reservations online right away.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:57 pm

Warning: Chase free night availability does not necessarily reflect that of the regular reward night availability. I have confirmed this with the IHG customer care center on more than one occasion when I saw free night availability on the search results for an award night but was unable to book it under the free Chase night. The customer care reps told me there is limited rooms for the Chase free night.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Redeemed
Warning: Chase free night availability does not necessarily reflect that of the regular reward night availability. I have confirmed this with the IHG customer care center on more than one occasion when I saw free night availability on the search results for an award night but was unable to book it under the free Chase night. The customer care reps told me there is limited rooms for the Chase free night.
That is what I thought as well. I remember seeing a similar situation in the past. However, this time I gambled and it was available. Booked the two night at the CP. Thanks everyone!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only case there should be availability differences are when there is a minimum length of stay. You can't use a 1 night certificate when there is a 2 or 3 night minimum.

If set up right (obviously mistakes can occur), IVANI/IVCFN availability is identical. They both pull from V1 inventory.

Last edited by soitgoes; Aug 5, 2017 at 9:22 am
Old Aug 5, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by piperpilot03
Hey everyone. Wondering if I can get some help here.

So I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to look it up for me if you haven't booked your reward night yet. I'm looking at the Crown Plaza: Barcelona Fira Center for October 20-21 and also from October 21-22 of 2017.

Thank you so much for helping out!!!
On my chase free night, checked 1am EST 8/6, The 20th is not available and the 21st is available. Good luck.

Oh missed it. you're already in. congrats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.