Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus on redemptions nights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Bonus on redemptions nights

Sorry if I am assuming IHG but I know the fine folks here usually are members of various programs.

I must be confusing programs because I thought it was IHG but maybe its another one. I thought there was a points percentage that is returned when you redeem awards nights, I SWEAR i thought it was IHG like 10% but I can't seem to find info. Maybe I am confusing my programs or maybe I dreamt it.

Anyone can help?

ETA: mea culpa, i found it, its if you have the IHG credit card, which I do. Anyone knows how this works? I just did my first redemption this weekend and wasn't sure what the process is. Does it just show up in my IHG account, how do they know to do it automatically.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold,IHG Platinum
Your thinking of the Chase IHG rewards Club Mastercard. If you have this card your IHG rewards Club account will receive 10% of the points redeemed on a stay refunded about 4 weeks after the stay up to I believe 10,000 points total per year. The points should refund to your account automatically.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tropicalmn
Your thinking of the Chase IHG rewards Club Mastercard. If you have this card your IHG rewards Club account will receive 10% of the points redeemed on a stay refunded about 4 weeks after the stay up to I believe 10,000 points total per year. The points should refund to your account automatically.
Yes thank you. I was thinking it was a platinum benefit at first and then finally after i posted i looked at card benefits and realized thats what it was. OK great, I wanted to ask since I didn't know how they would know that since I didn't use the card for the stay technically. Thanks for the info I will be on the lookout for the points then. I didn't realize there was a cap so thanks for telling me this. I think I have to pull out the benefits and read them over again! LOL

ETA: ok its 100k per year. that is very kool so my stay will get me back 4k points. very nice! i will definitely be on the look out.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by miadukes
Yes thank you. I was thinking it was a platinum benefit at first and then finally after i posted i looked at card benefits and realized thats what it was. OK great, I wanted to ask since I didn't know how they would know that since I didn't use the card for the stay technically.
IHG knows if you have the Chase card or not. You don't need to present it for the stay to get the 10% award rebate. After the stay posts to your account as a reward stay IHG will credit the points on its next periodic sweep.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
IHG knows if you have the Chase card or not. You don't need to present it for the stay to get the 10% award rebate. After the stay posts to your account as a reward stay IHG will credit the points on its next periodic sweep.
Thanks for the info!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 4:07 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Or they are thinking of the ambassador program, where renewals get the option of paying a little bit more and getting 10% back on rewards bookings.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markis10
Or they are thinking of the ambassador program, where renewals get the option of paying a little bit more and getting 10% back on rewards bookings.
No No i was thinking of the credit card sinceI have it I read it on the benefit page but was confused thinking it was a platinum benefit rather than a card benefit.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your decimal point is the wrong place.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...edit-card.aspx
10% rebate on IHG® Rewards Club point redemptions*
For example, if you redeem 30,000 points, you will receive 3,000 back! Up to 100,000 points back each year.
So, yes, there is a cap, but you have to redeem 1 million points to reach it. So for most people, it's as if the cap doesn't exist.

(That's quite different than at AA, where the credit card 10% rebate on redemptions does indeed have a 10k miles cap, and with many overseas business class awards already over 100k roundtrip for one person, the cap is very easy for many to hit.)
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:50 am
Original Poster

My points posted today. 19 days after my stay posted. Pretty quick compared to what i was expecting to wait. 4k points back. not a bad deal.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:41 am

Are these 10 percent rebates from the credit card no longer elite qualifying? Or are they being posted inconsistently?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
Are these 10 percent rebates from the credit card no longer elite qualifying? Or are they being posted inconsistently?
Mine were not elite qualifying and I didn't actually expect them to be.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
Yeah, the change happened sometime between April and October of last year, likely when they introduced Spire and realized they might have to give out Choice Benefits to heavy redeemers.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:30 am

do the extra 10% points post to account when booked, or after stay is completed?
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by hsmama
do the extra 10% points post to account when booked, or after stay is completed?
After the stay is completed. They post within a month after the stay. Apparently they do not post until your cc statement closes. They usually post in one batch covering all reward stays on that statement.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by hsmama
The 10% rebate posts after the stay is completed. In my experience it's been 2-4 weeks afterwards. The timing does not coincide with anything obvious like when the credit card statement cycles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.