Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Rewards Club Advisors

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
IHG Rewards Club Advisors

Anyone else get an email invite for this program today?

I had to answer a fairly standard set of questions about my demographic, my travel habits, and indicate other loyalty programs to which I belonged. The program says if I'm accepted, I could get between 500-2500 points per survey completed, with a frequency of about 2/month.

After answering the questions, I got no kind of confirmation whatsoever, just redirected to the IHG home page. Curious as to others' experiences.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:56 pm

I received the invitation email. Also no confirmation of anything after the conclusion...just a redirect to the IHG site.

Hopefully, we're in and it is just a matter of matching demographics to specific surveys. I'd gladly answer surveys for some additional points.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: marybethhebert
Got the email and just did a google search to check out the program. It must be brand new, b/c this is the only non-ihg link to come up. Worth a shot, I guess.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; VS Gold; IHG Spire Royal Ambassador; Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Diamond; M Life Plat
Got an email today as well for it. Filled out the demographic survey and without any confirmation that the survey was done, it just redirected the the IHG homepage. I was able to click the sign up link again and see that the survey had been completed and submitted already.

I'll gladly fill our surveys for some points.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: IHG Gld Elt, HHonors Dmd, VX Slv
Same; I also got the e-mail for the IHG Rewards Club Advisors. I clicked the Join button and it led me to a survey asking me some rudimentary questions about myself. As soon as I was finished, it led me to the IHG home page - no indication of whether I was approved, strange though. In the e-mail, I did see this link for more information about IHG Rewards Club Advisors, http://mail09.sm.ihg.com/track?t=c&e...52/IHG_TC.html
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
I got this email too. I might sign up as the promotions that IHG send me are utter cack with almost zero chance of earning big points.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:35 pm

I got it and signed up
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Same experience here: filled out survey, no confirmation, just taken to the IHG home page.

If I've qualified, I am hoping with all my heart that the first survey asks about my experience with their IT.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Yep - exact same experience here.

I wonder if I was selected because they saw my post suggesting a class action lawsuit might be coming over rigging the outcome of their little contest...
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
Got this email about an hour ago and logged in to the actual site for this.
It is so far just a meeting place for the selected few. Most seem to be from the UK and China. I have only seen a few other US members. (your country is beside you name on every post you make)

Not sure what the selection criteria is, i got the same email everyone is talking about earlier today, then got a "selected" email about 9pm EST the same day.

Hi *******,

Thank you for recently participating in our online questionnaire. We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to join the IHG Global Advisory Community!

You have been chosen along with over 300 other business and leisure travelers from across the world to be a part of this community, and collaborate with the InterContinental Hotels Group! As a part of this private, password-protected forum, you will share your perspectives and opinions to help shape the future of the IHG brand. Oh, and you'll receive e-gifts in the form of extra IHG Rewards Club points for your regular participation.

To get started, click here to set up your account.

Once you have logged in, feel free to take a look around, try out our introductory discussion, or click on the Help tab if you would like a tour of the community. If you log in and get started by contributing to the community, you'll earn an introductory e-gift of 1,250 Rewards Club Points ($5 PayPal reward for non Rewards Club members) right off the bat!

We look forward to seeing you online,
XXXXXX

Your IHG Global Advisory Community facilitator

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 20, 2016 at 11:46 pm Reason: name of employee deleted
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
I was on a panel of sorts for them about 4-5 years ago, feedback sort of thing, closed group, net about 15-20k.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Wondering to see what points they will reward. Why would they create a close group there when there is a wealth of info here in Flyertalk!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Got in an invite....failed to realize it was for my husband. Filled out the screener as myself. Will be interesting to see if he is accepted....
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:12 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Is it open to all levels? Got mine, signed up as Spire.
From what I see, its a mixture of all.

Just to add, I put IHG as number 2 and Marriott as number 1...

BA have a similar discussion forum for targeted members.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Coldsnap
Got this email about an hour ago and logged in to the actual site for this.
It is so far just a meeting place for the selected few. Most seem to be from the UK and China. I have only seen a few other US members. (your country is beside you name on every post you make)

Not sure what the selection criteria is, i got the same email everyone is talking about earlier today, then got a "selected" email about 9pm EST the same day.

Hi *******,

Thank you for recently participating in our online questionnaire. We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to join the IHG Global Advisory Community!

You have been chosen along with over 300 other business and leisure travelers from across the world to be a part of this community, and collaborate with the InterContinental Hotels Group! As a part of this private, password-protected forum, you will share your perspectives and opinions to help shape the future of the IHG brand. Oh, and you'll receive e-gifts in the form of extra IHG Rewards Club points for your regular participation.

To get started, click here to set up your account.

Once you have logged in, feel free to take a look around, try out our introductory discussion, or click on the Help tab if you would like a tour of the community. If you log in and get started by contributing to the community, you'll earn an introductory e-gift of 1,250 Rewards Club Points ($5 PayPal reward for non Rewards Club members) right off the bat!

We look forward to seeing you online,
XXXXXX

Your IHG Global Advisory Community facilitator
Just out of interest - do you happen to work for one of the companies that were listed or did you choose "other"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.