Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When do you pick your SPIRE 25k/yr bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by chrism20
On the my account page on the left hand side underneath the circles that show your nights and points for the year. There’s a button that says “Explore your benefits”
Thanks for posting the screenshot. Interestingly, I've only got one award available under the "Explore your benefits" link for Hertz Five Star status. It's only been 3 weeks since I requalified for Spire by points. Perhaps I need to give it more time for the 25k bonus award to appear.

-FlyerBeek
chrism20 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Thanks for posting the screenshot. Interestingly, I've only got one award available under the "Explore your benefits" link for Hertz Five Star status. It's only been 3 weeks since I requalified for Spire by points. Perhaps I need to give it more time for the 25k bonus award to appear.

-FlyerBeek
Mine did not appear straightaway either and I had to message them to ask them to activate. I’m sure I messaged them on Twitter and it was showing within a day IIRC.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
its now 2018 and I still dont have my Spire gift available anyone else having problems.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by aussielori
its now 2018 and I still dont have my Spire gift available anyone else having problems.
message them and say your choice *if points they will be credited instantly, if platinum include the name and member number. there is an known IT flaw and csa react pretty fast on requests.
aussielori likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by Yokdoc
message them and say your choice *if points they will be credited instantly, if platinum include the name and member number. there is an known IT flaw and csa react pretty fast on requests.
I still don't know how this thing works...

Are you allowed a maximum of one Spire bonus per calendar year - I believe the answer to this is yes but does 1 qualification lead to two SPIRE choice bonuses?

If i achieve Spire in October 2017 and i can claim the bonus then, should i be eligble to claim another bonus as soon as it ticks over to 2018? Or would i only be able to claim another Spire bonus once i qualify again in 2018 with nights/points?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by snevillio
I still don't know how this thing works...

Are you allowed a maximum of one Spire bonus per calendar year - I believe the answer to this is yes but does 1 qualification lead to two SPIRE choice bonuses?

If i achieve Spire in October 2017 and i can claim the bonus then, should i be eligble to claim another bonus as soon as it ticks over to 2018? Or would i only be able to claim another Spire bonus once i qualify again in 2018 with nights/points?
Once you reach 75 nights in a calendar year (say 2017), you earn Spire. You then can choose a bonus. Spire has an 'expiry' date of December 2018 - although remember it was your 2017 Spire Earning.

In the following year (say 2018), once you reach 75 nights, you can earn Spire again that year & can choose another bonus. Furthermore Spire expiry will be December 2019 once re-qualfied.

-

Simple so far

Once you achieve more than 75 nights in a calender year, any extra nights can 'roll-over' into the following years calculation. So if you stay 100 nights in 2017, you get your bonus (25,000 points) for 2017, and you already have 25 nights for Spire 2018 calculations.

Some of us like myself stayed >150 nights in 2017, hence we should already have our 2018 Spire bonus (as 75 of the above nights rolled over into the 2018 calculations). However IHG have not yet got around to applying our roll-over nights. Should happen very soon.

Extra nights stayed in 2017 only roll into 2018. Say my 225 nights in 2017 will not be counted for the 2019 bonus, only for the bonus in 2018.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Ok that backs up how i think it works now then thanks

Suggests lots of people expecting a 25k choice in the near future will need to wait til they earn another re-qualification or until that Ambassador renewal trick works again
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by snevillio
Ok that backs up how i think it works now then thanks

Suggests lots of people expecting a 25k choice in the near future will need to wait til they earn another re-qualification or until that Ambassador renewal trick works again
Depends how many of us have stayed 150 nights in IHG properties last year to be fair - all those people will get 25,000 points imminently. I live in a Holiday Inn Express (one!) for work so the night count soon racks up
Not sure about Ambassador stuff, never been inside an Intercontinental so got no need for that!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:54 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aussielori
Same here, requal in Nov, rang twice and told will be available in New Year, rang last week and told next week.......seriously Spire is close to useless as it is and how much work is this rubbish response generating?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Well for 2017 Calendar year I could have been given my Spire Choice Amenity at any one of 3 instances
i) Jan 4th .. Reqyualified as Royal Ambassador so gave me Spire earned in Jan 2017
ii)March .. Hit 75k points, So 'really' earned 2017 Spire so should get Amenity
iii)May .. Hit 75nights .. Another trigger

Anyway, I have zip, nada, no amenity choice given by IHG crappy I.T. I hate to think how many Spires have missed out .... and IHG despite knowing this have not done a catchall sweep, but sit on their hands 'stealing' from their highest elites

I rechecked the Choice link today, shows
o AVAILABLE to CLAIM -> Hertz elite status
o PREVIOUSLY CLAIMED -> 2015 25k and 2016 25k
So taken together easy way to check/prove IHG never awarded me the Amenity Spire Plat/25k during 2017
I just SkyP'd Amb desk yesterday, asked they add 2017 amenity choice to my account (I don't need points for booking with my balance) so I can keep option to gift Plat to a friend until Dec2017. Was told they run a batch update regards putting Spire amenity on IHG accts, so will wait on that.
(If I simply wanted 25k , Amb desk OP seemed to say it could be done right away by her)

I've also asked for compensation for having to a)chase in 2018 b)because otherwise IHG would never have given me the amenity. I asked for ,IMO a reasonable 50% of points IHG would otherwise never have given me, so either 12.5k (or 10k). Usual frontline limit is 5k, so I asked Amb desk Operator to escalate to manager who can exceed 5k (even Amb Desk supervisors have same 5k limit).
I know managers have higher limits as 2years ago after filling in 20plus missing points forms online in 2months , I requested 15k as enough for free UK non-London HIE night and got the 15k.

nb
At same time I asked about my rollover nights missing. Was told still processing rollovers, maybe until end of Jan, but that is only 1week away now.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, iPrefer Gold
Rollover nights posting on accounts

A few days ago I queried why my rollover nights hadn't credited yet (they still have not).

The reply said they would be on my account by the end of January 2018.

Hope that helps... That said, I will be viewing my account closely between now and 1st February!

RB
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
My rollover nights not credited yet -- I had over 150 nights last year (not counting rollover nights or free nights) so should automatically requalify.

It doesn't give me the option of the 25K points -- it says I have done this on 11/05/2015 (I think Spire was rolled out mid-year for 2015-2016?) and then again on 26/5/2016 (presumably this was 2016 qualifying for 2017). I got no option last year, so I would presume that's moved to whenever they apply the rollovers.

But I'll check with them.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Well for 2017 Calendar year I could have been given my Spire Choice Amenity at any one of 3 instances
i) Jan 4th .. Reqyualified as Royal Ambassador so gave me Spire earned in Jan 2017
ii)March .. Hit 75k points, So 'really' earned 2017 Spire so should get Amenity
iii)May .. Hit 75nights .. Another trigger

Anyway, I have zip, nada, no amenity choice given by IHG crappy I.T. I hate to think how many Spires have missed out .... and IHG despite knowing this have not done a catchall sweep, but sit on their hands 'stealing' from their highest elites

I rechecked the Choice link today, shows
o AVAILABLE to CLAIM -> Hertz elite status
o PREVIOUSLY CLAIMED -> 2015 25k and 2016 25k
So taken together easy way to check/prove IHG never awarded me the Amenity Spire Plat/25k during 2017
I just SkyP'd Amb desk yesterday, asked they add 2017 amenity choice to my account (I don't need points for booking with my balance) so I can keep option to gift Plat to a friend until Dec2017. Was told they run a batch update regards putting Spire amenity on IHG accts, so will wait on that.
(If I simply wanted 25k , Amb desk OP seemed to say it could be done right away by her)

I've also asked for compensation for having to a)chase in 2018 b)because otherwise IHG would never have given me the amenity. I asked for ,IMO a reasonable 50% of points IHG would otherwise never have given me, so either 12.5k (or 10k). Usual frontline limit is 5k, so I asked Amb desk Operator to escalate to manager who can exceed 5k (even Amb Desk supervisors have same 5k limit).
I know managers have higher limits as 2years ago after filling in 20plus missing points forms online in 2months , I requested 15k as enough for free UK non-London HIE night and got the 15k.

nb
At same time I asked about my rollover nights missing. Was told still processing rollovers, maybe until end of Jan, but that is only 1week away now.

same nightmare i am RA with over 100 nights and none of the perk are there, they say check again end of month.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Same as above. 150+ night/year Spire RA. Got the 25K in 2015 and 2016, never got invited for a choice for 2017.
Wrote them and they posted the 25K points within minutes.
But my rollover from 2017 (over 75 nights) hasn't posted yet; it still shows me with 0 rollover nights. I see others with fewer rollover nights have had them post, but perhaps their system is choking on people who have more than 75 rollover nights available since that means instant Spire status. But no worries, I'm halfway to requalifying Spire on EQDs already.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flybit
same nightmare i am RA with over 100 nights and none of the perk are there, they say check again end of month.
And rechecking on web on 1st Feb, I see the Spire Amenity Choice History has since been removed. Also told Spire amenity adds when missed off are batch/bulk updates on 1st each month BUT still nada

Alas I didn't bother screen shot as did not expect IHG to resort to trying to make it harder to spot (prove even in a simple 1page screen capture) if one had received/redeemed Spire Amenity in any calendar year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.