Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indigo Upgrade Expectations - RA / Plat / New Tier?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Atacama40
You put my mind at greater ease Chris.....not a fan of this healthy mini bar concept. The old IC at berchtesgaden used to take the same line with healthy juice based drinks wasting space where wine and fizz could live!....fingers crossed.

Yeah I was hoping for a 2 level upgrade....it's soft opening, got me RA, got me plat & mystery level new tier and it's Mrs Atacama's birthday....sounded like a perfect storm for a good upgrade.
are you always like this about a hotel stay ?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:22 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I like Indigos, and have stayed a bunch of times at the ones in Paris, HK, and Helsinki. Indigo Paris is a tough sell for RAs (given the price that's on par with the IC), but they did treat me very well upgrade-wise -- booked two rooms on points and got one duplex suite and one exec room. Indigo HK is great value given its location -- I'd much rather stay here than IC GS, and the main IC costs twice as much (even though arguably CP Causeway Bay is the best HK hotel for Plats). Never had a suite here, but usually get large and well designed rooms. Indigo Helsinki upgraded me to a junior suite-ish executive room. I don't think I've gotten free breakfasts at any Indigo (IME very few IHG hotels throw in free breakfasts for Plat/RAs anyway), but when I've had breakfast included in my rate, I found the Indigo selection and quality to be great.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
are you always like this about a hotel stay ?
Worryingly yes ... no for me its like being two different people.....work stuff I'm the invisible bloke but the fun stays it still remain fun for me. Thankfully.

Mind you the comment about the minibar is a constant for work or fun stays
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
The Indigos I stayed at always upgraded me very well : suite in Düsseldorf, Berlin Alexanderplatz, London Tower, London Kensington. Terrace room at Barcelona.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jpdx
I like Indigos, and have stayed a bunch of times at the ones in Paris, HK, and Helsinki. Indigo Paris is a tough sell for RAs (given the price that's on par with the IC), but they did treat me very well upgrade-wise -- booked two rooms on points and got one duplex suite and one exec room. Indigo HK is great value given its location -- I'd much rather stay here than IC GS, and the main IC costs twice as much (even though arguably CP Causeway Bay is the best HK hotel for Plats). Never had a suite here, but usually get large and well designed rooms. Indigo Helsinki upgraded me to a junior suite-ish executive room. I don't think I've gotten free breakfasts at any Indigo (IME very few IHG hotels throw in free breakfasts for Plat/RAs anyway), but when I've had breakfast included in my rate, I found the Indigo selection and quality to be great.
Sounds promising jpdx, I hope to emulate your upgrade successes.

I've actually been seeing a lot more free breakfasts over the past couple of months as I've posted elsewhere especially at CP's....I have a feeling it will be part of the new tier package but who knows.

Have to say from everything I've read on this thread I think Indigo sounds interesting. I'm a bit of an institutionalized IC man but old dogs and all that. Thanks for the advice
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:08 am

Just been speaking with a colleague who was in a Junior Suite at Indigo Edinburgh a fortnight ago and there was no alcohol in the mini bar. Only soft drinks and milk.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Worryingly yes ... no for me its like being two different people.....work stuff I'm the invisible bloke but the fun stays it still remain fun for me. Thankfully.

Mind you the comment about the minibar is a constant for work or fun stays
Well i wish a fun stay

My only contribution to data-points is the Berlin Ku'damm Indigo. Which is well located and offers free phone calls within Europe. It's also clean. I can't find any more positive things to say about it. The lift has a flashing purple light, but breaks down a lot: rooms are cleverly designed but tiny; furniture a triumph of design over comfort.

The IC up the road (spa, mini-bar, club lounge etc) is often around the same price and sometimes cheaper. So a no-brainer for a RA.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chrism20
Birmingham binned the booze from the minibars IIRC.

In last six weeks Newcastle and Glasgow definitely had alcohol. York is managed by the same lot as Edinburgh and I'm sure there is still some in that one.

I can't remember about Liverpool tbh but it has been sold in the last six weeks so things may be subject to change there. It is now managed by Valor who also manage CP Glasgow, Chester and Nottingham.

I've had double level upgrades at both Newcastle & Glasgow but I am fairly regular at those two nowadays.
Liverpool has a very decent minibar in Exec Rooms (the top type there) with a couple of beers, soft drinks and nicer red and white wine than BA offer on their shorthaul routes. Also a few packets of nice crisps and chocolate snacks. It is a great property apart from the rooms being a little on the small side.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:54 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
NCL Indigo minibar has the following:

Standard room: Kit-Kat, packet of crisps, still water, sparkling water, diet coke, lemonade, can of lager, a bottle or two of some kind of beer. They used to have a packet of nibbles too but they seem to have gone.

Exec room: all of the above plus a small bottle of white wine in the minibar fridge and a small bottle of red wine on a shelf in a cupboard.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Liverpool has a very decent minibar in Exec Rooms (the top type there) with a couple of beers, soft drinks and nicer red and white wine than BA offer on their shorthaul routes. Also a few packets of nice crisps and chocolate snacks. It is a great property apart from the rooms being a little on the small side.
Agreed, though the Kit-kats were missing from the minibars in both executive rooms I was in last week but I forgot to ask them if this was due to the hot weather (though that shouldn't affect the minibar!) or a new policy.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rumbataz
NCL Indigo minibar has the following:

Standard room: Kit-Kat, packet of crisps, still water, sparkling water, diet coke, lemonade, can of lager, a bottle or two of some kind of beer. They used to have a packet of nibbles too but they seem to have gone.

Exec room: all of the above plus a small bottle of white wine in the minibar fridge and a small bottle of red wine on a shelf in a cupboard.
It sounds more like my mother's kitchen cupboard than a hard assed mini bar....move over Chivas Regal....Sprite and M&M's inbound!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olympian
Agreed, though the Kit-kats were missing from the minibars in both executive rooms I was in last week but I forgot to ask them if this was due to the hot weather (though that shouldn't affect the minibar!) or a new policy.
Is really a new world.....RA experience reviews talk about 1/2 bottles of lame reds and whites, the odd bottle of fizz and the normal spirit line up.

I see the future......RA reviews of Marathons, Topics, Kit Kats and Dime bars....I like it
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:13 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
It sounds more like my mother's kitchen cupboard than a hard assed mini bar....move over Chivas Regal....Sprite and M&M's inbound!

I know it doesn't sound like much but it's a great touch and it's all free, and replenished daily. It's nice to have a snack and a drink in your room when you want to from the minibar without being charged £5 for a can of Coke.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rumbataz

I know it doesn't sound like much but it's a great touch and it's all free, and replenished daily. It's nice to have a snack and a drink in your room when you want to from the minibar without being charged £5 for a can of Coke.
For sure rumbataz and as say more use in many ways. No totally agree. No it just makes smile the shift away from bar top shelf to tuck shop. No have to say I like the feel and format of Indigo from the the feedback in the thread. And it's a solid change away the predictable....again nothing bad about that. Cheers
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nicolas75
The Indigos I stayed at always upgraded me very well : suite in Düsseldorf, Berlin Alexanderplatz, London Tower, London Kensington. Terrace room at Barcelona.
Thanks for the heads up nicolas75, again promising upgrade indicators. How do you find the time to stay so many places....I know my quota is substantially above the high end but yours seems to be high strata indeed. Like the photos on your twitter account btw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.