Wiki Posts
Search

Downgraded after first night Crowne Plaza Indianapolis

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, United gold, PC Plat, SPG gold
Downgraded after first night Crowne Plaza Indianapolis

Hi all, I want to ask if something like this happened to anyone before and what was the experience. I checked in at IND Crowne Plaza last night. Had 2 rooms reservation - one with points and one with cash for 5 nights. I am IHG Platinum and used to travel 200+ nights a year until last year, so started using those accumulated hundreds thousands of points and miles. Now travel less due to getting a different job, but still have my status from the last year.
Cash room was king size poolside room and points room was king executive. At check in I was given King poolside and Executive suite. Today two guys in suites came in, knocked on the door, didn't introduced themselves (one had a name tag that was hard to read) and told me that they have a problem and they need to move me to another room. He told me that last night they were oversold and that's why I got upgraded, but now they need the suit for someone also. He made it sound like it was my fault that I was in a wrong room. He offered me couple thousands points. I told him I will move, but points mean nothing to me as I have a quite a bit of them. He mentioned free breakfast, but I usually just get coffee and cereal for breakfast and they have it in the executive lounge. He told me that he would come up with something to compensate, but haven't heard back from anyone. They sent bell guy to move my bags and give me the keys.
Moving to another room was an annoyance, but not a big deal for me, but their approach made me not wanting to come back to this hotel ever. I've been walked before, but never been in situation like that.
What are your inputs? Should I ask/expect any compensations/follow up with the hotel or just let it go?
Thanks!!!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: IHG PlatAmb
Absolutely ask for compensation.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, United gold, PC Plat, SPG gold
Thanks! Points? Equal to one night? Haven't heard from anyone at the hotel today. I doubt they will do anything unless I talk to them. Going to ask to talk to GM tomorrow.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Everyone with a IHG CC is Platinum., lucky you got the upgrade...,

Worth the $49.00 year fee for the CC.

Last edited by satman40; Jun 4, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.