Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Free Nights" missing from account

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
My free night disappeared so I emailed IHG. It's now back in my online account.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by whimike
It is aggravating that they won't fix this, or better stated I think it is quite possible this was intentional. What better way to make sure a lot of the free nights don't get consumed by hiding them from their customers. I would venture a guess a lot of non-FT IHG members are probably "out of sight out of mind" with the free nights and don't even realize they have them anymore. It is a great tactic by IHG to wipe these free nights, as much as possible, under the rug. Surely they could fix this if they wanted to.
agree, i believe intentional also, how difficult could it be to fix? even for an incompetent IT dept like IHG's.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
My free night disappeared so I emailed IHG. It's now back in my online account.
Are you the only person that can see their free night in their account? Is this a Chase free night or the Into The Night free night?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
I noticed my free nights were gone (or at least appeared gone from IHG.com) when I wanted to use them a few weeks ago. I called IHG rewards and they were able to find the free nights and book them for me.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Are you the only person that can see their free night in their account? Is this a Chase free night or the Into The Night free night?
It's a share forever free night.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:28 pm

my Chase night is still visible, and the ITTN hasn't been for quite a while, like the rest, i believe.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Is it a prerequisite that the hotel operators speak slowly and repeating everything you say so as to maximise the time you are to spend on the phone so that IHG earns money?

Why is there an extra 13p per minute when calling from the UK on a 0871 number? And the number still sucked my Skype account when I called from there...

Sayonara IHG. After this NafterN award stay... I won't bother with you or your Customer Relations team again..

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Nov 27, 2015 at 5:35 am
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:59 pm
HCA

2 of my ITTN free nights also disappeared online... >_<
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by HCA
2 of my ITTN free nights also disappeared online... >_<
You're not alone, a lot of people in the same boat.

You're in a cruise size ship with the rest of the recipients.

Generally considered an intentional ploy by IHG, to minimize redemptions.

Frankly, pretty poor form on SCH's part
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Just a reminder these expire today. It was a terrible promotion to use onces the days were no longer visible in your account. I wasted countless calls where reservations could not see them, but was assured as long as they were booked by the 31st good to go.

Got an email from IHG last night confirming the nights were back in my account.

Call today, told they expire today. Managed to get them converted to the points needed for my booking after providing dates. You need to speak/get transferred to Customer Rewards department -- this should be one of the two US call centers. They have the power to fix things as a goodwill gesture if you've had issues with this in the past.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Missing free stays

I had 2 free stays accrued as a result of the Accelerate 2015 promotion. Everything has reset to zero this morning as expected. However my 2 free stays tab - valid to 31 Dec 2016 has also disappeared now. I guess others will have the same problem and it will be reinstated once IT get back to the office.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Try, while logged in, going directly to https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/e...e-night-status
Thank you. I can now see the free night!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Originally Posted by martinrennard
I had 2 free stays accrued as a result of the Accelerate 2015 promotion. Everything has reset to zero this morning as expected. However my 2 free stays tab - valid to 31 Dec 2016 has also disappeared now. I guess others will have the same problem and it will be reinstated once IT get back to the office.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:07 pm

missing Share Forever Night.

again.

called and was told, we can see it in your account, i gave them an old reference number for the last time i couldn't see it three months ago.

you really have to question IHG's integrity, slips off member's screen, and hopefully forgotten about.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Could use my 2 Free-Nights at the InterContinental Bora Bora Thalasso & Spa Resort ... +happy+

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.