Wiki Posts
Search

Questions about AMB's weekend reward night certificate

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Questions about AMB's weekend reward night certificate

Hi guys,

I am considering to buy the AMB and use the weekend reward night certificate to book a Friday and a free Saturday.

I see in IHG's Q&A, it says "[The certificate] is not valid in conjunction with Reward Night bookings or any other free night offer".

Does that mean if I use this certificate to book a Friday and Saturday (say Jan 16/17), I cannot use points to book rewards night on Jan 18 Sunday? Or vice versa?

Thanks!
Jerry
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:02 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I'm not exactly sure what IHG intends with that wording, but you will have no problem using the BOGO certificate (which requires a paid [with cash] booking) with an adjacent rewards night booking. Just book the rewards night as a separate reservation, and the two reservations will normally be combined at check-in time.

I do this all the time, and you'll not only get the guaranteed Ambassador upgrade for both the paid night and the free (with certificate) night, but you'll almost certainly get to keep the upgraded room for the rewards night, too. (This has happened for me 100% of the time when booking a rewards night following paid nights, even though IHG doesn't guarantee Ambassador upgrades on rewards nights.)
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by mikew99
I'm not exactly sure what IHG intends with that wording, but you will have no problem using the BOGO certificate (which requires a paid [with cash] booking) with an adjacent rewards night booking. Just book the rewards night as a separate reservation, and the two reservations will normally be combined at check-in time.

I do this all the time, and you'll not only get the guaranteed Ambassador upgrade for both the paid night and the free (with certificate) night, but you'll almost certainly get to keep the upgraded room for the rewards night, too. (This has happened for me 100% of the time when booking a rewards night following paid nights, even though IHG doesn't guarantee Ambassador upgrades on rewards nights.)
Second that.

The T&C basically means that you can't book two nights as reward nights and get the second one for free. The certificate is valid only when booking the Ambassador Certificate Rate, which is based on the Best Flexible Rate. You'll pay the full price of the first night - not the average price of both nights.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks mikew99. That's helpful to know the trick! I will definitely get A and use BOGO with points.

Originally Posted by mikew99

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.